Hobbyist Forums banner

1/72 VF-1J Motorized Flight Deck Elevator

3K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Joe Paul 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,
I normally just lurk around here to see all your great builds, but I wanted to share my new motorized bluetooth project with you.
Please see full video below.

Feedback and comments welcome.
I would love to hear what your favorite parts are, and other ideas you might have.

Vehicle Scale model Airplane Aircraft Ground attack aircraft

See less See more
1 10
#4 ·
That is simply outstanding. Ok, so you asked. My favorite part is two-fold. I love when the blast barrier raises and the wings unfold. An excellent build and a wonderful introduction. I agree with Milton Fox Racing, less lurking and more posting, please.

#7 · (Edited)
Hi Milton. This is a recreation of the intro to the Macross anime TV series, but I intended the project for all aircraft fans. As a teen in the 80's, Top Gun and Macross were my favorites.

Maybe this video will make more sense to you :)

I have different songs and sound effects loaded in the Arduino and timed with the lighting. I even have my daughter's favorite boy band loaded - it did surprise her!

#10 ·
Finally finished a gimmick I was planning for a long time, but couldn't get to it for various reasons.

I almost didn't do this because I ran out of bluetooth controls on my Arduino setup, but I figured that an old-school switch is just as cool!

The set-up is a reversing DPDT switch, with two limit switches. The red and blue control lights are also linked to the DPDT diagram.
I'm using 2x N20 3v motors, which go in opposite directions to open the hatch. When the doors open, they ht a switch to turn on the cola machine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.