Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All, I am new to this end of the forum. I was wondering if anyone here has a source for 1/72 scale diecast cars or may know of source within the US to by them. I would appreciate any help. Thanks for your help in advance
Dave

·
Registered
661 Posts
Hey All, I am new to this end of the forum. I was wondering if anyone here has a source for 1/72 scale diecast cars or may know of source within the US to by them. I would appreciate any help. Thanks for your help in advance
Dave
Hi Dave,

I have 1/72 scale Hongwell and Real-X on my web site, if interested they can be found at http://www.apason.com/hongwell (scroll towards the end of the page) and http://www.apason.com/realx

Vadim

·
Registered
308 Posts
In my humble opinion, the best 1:72 models are made by Shrock Brothers in Coalport PA.
See shrockbrothers.com for pix of all their products. These are extremely detailed models of Studebakers from 1934-1964 . They are casted in pewter and then hand assembled after being painted painted with factory colors . Only about 20 cars are casted at a time. When they sell out, there may not be anymore for quite a while or ever.
Although the cost per car is now $85, the cost is quite worth the finished product !
The cars are made by two brothers and ne of the wives. The brothers are now either facing or already in their early 70s! I have had the privilege to visit their facility about five times and enjoyed every moment. There is nothing like them !

·
Premium Member
14,436 Posts
Welcome to Hobby Talk acmedave!:wave:

Check evil Bay for Road Champs made in 1/72 scale. WAL*MART sold them several years ago and I bought some at the discount price of 75 cents each.:hat: The cars have nice detail, but 1/72 scale isn't popular. Greenlight cars are 1/64 scale, and Johnny Lightning and Hot Wheels call their cars 1/64 scale in this 3 inch scale.

My favorite is the Mustang GT.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts