Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK this is my next little Project. Should keep me busy for a while. Starting soon.....Cheers Mark.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK all Scuttles (164) have been drilled out along with the Mesh Hull Shutters. They will have P/e Inserts added soon. Both for and aft Decks have now been added. The Bow Fit was awful so some Putty and Plastic Rod will be needed. More to come soon.....Cheers mark

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK Putty and Plastic Rod have been added to the Foc'sle and sanded back to even up the Area for the Flightdeck. Photo-Etching has also started. The HUll Openings have been grilled over and Railings are now being added. More to come soon.....Cheers mark

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Buddy for the comments. OK the Bow and Beam Area have now been done with the P/E Railings. I raided an older set for the Dog Hatches for the Bulkheads. More to come soon.....Cheers mark

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Mideships Galleries are now starting to be added along with their appropriate P/E. The Lighter gives you an idea of the Kit's size. More to come shortly.....Cheers Mark

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
That is awesome! Can't wait to see this progress. Where do you get the photo etched parts for the ships (I'm usually more on the model car side of things).

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you for the comments my Friend. Much appreciated. I source my P/E from different suppliers. Most P/E companies put out dedicated P/E Sets for a particular Ship. One place I do go to is Freetime Hobbies in the States. They have a large range of P/E and not only for Ships but most other modes of transport also......Cheers mark

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have changed my mind on her and will complete as of early 1944. Her Hull was Grey and Green with a Camo Flightdeck. All the Hull and Deck Railings and now aboard. I had to build a Bow A/A Platform so reworked some parts off Trumpy's Kirov Class Cruiser. More Pics to come soon.....Cheers mark

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks Tom. Have started on the under Bracing for the Flight Deck. This is the Stern Section almost finished. Each Cross Brace is an individual Piece. The Bow Section will be next....Cheers mark

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Finally finished the Bow Girder Work after some Patience and Alcohol. More Pics to come soon.....Cheers mark

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I decided to work on the Island next. Here it is completed so to move on to some more.....Cheers mark

1 - 20 of 52 Posts