Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 145 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings folks :wave:
Just slammed up page 1 of this build. Now this will be a slow one in comin' along as there are more than just a few other (boring) things claming my time and attention right now and some actually important thing in to do over the next few months so this will be squeezed in when time allows but we'll see how things go.

Page 1 A Swift Kit Review.

That's the lot for now, go easy troops and troopettes :thumbsup:

Raytheon

·
Registered
982 Posts
Very cool. I am thinking about buying this kit at Wonderfest myself. I don't want to build it immediately, but put it away until I am more experienced. However, I noticed on the bottom of the nacelles, there seems to be some fiberglass shavings. Is that easily cleaned up/ removed?

I just want to know I'm not getting in over my head before I purchase it.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
REL: No problem at all, link away sir :)

Pixel : What REL said, been having a play with a cutter and it seems to work out with no real problem.
I'll be putting stuff like that up in my build but for now...

The spinning beastie:

The before...

The after...

All good dust/fiber/frag flying fun so goggles, old clothes and mask an absolute must :D

Go easy

·
Registered
224 Posts
Fantastic stuff Ray!
I'll be following this build as closely as i would a new season of a fave programme!

Yer an inspiration to many of us here big fella!

Cheers

Rich

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks all :wave:
Well in the spirit of trying to keep the audience bored outta thier skulls...here's another update. :D

You lot go easy now :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Man, that's a LOT of windows! :eek: I guess I never realized just how many the Big E had. Wow....

Comin' right along! You've also got more patience than I do. :thumbsup:

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Griff,
Yep she do got a few windows, this much is certain. I was thinking a while ago about fulfilling an old friends joking ambition about putting some mullticolour flashing lights behind just one window on a starship and say that was where the after shift dance party was going on :D

Griffworks said:
Comin' right along! You've also got more patience than I do. :thumbsup:
I'm not sure patience is the right word...sheer bloody mindedness or stupid possibly. Something begining with P or S anyway ;)
Pulling off the forward saucer floodlighting, now that's the challenge !

Go easy all.

·
Registered
224 Posts
....A DISCO ROOM!!!!!!!

......now why haven't any of the rest of us thought of that one? Do you think you could manage a 1/650 rotating glitter ball?

.....cor....i can almost hear "Staying Alive"......

Keep up the triffic work matey!

Rich

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Been a while...

Dragging this thread kicking and screaming back into the light...

Well got an update for you lot for what it's worth
Page 5

Never realised it was so long ago since the last update :confused: sorry about that.

Go easy.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Yer brining back some mighty fine memories, there

I wish I'd have thought of blacking out the tunnels for the LEDs before I had shoved the bulbs up in there. I mis-underestimated the amount of light spill that caused.

Glad to see you used JWRJR's bussard circuts . the man does great work!

can't wait to see how you tackle the rest of the beast

cheers!

1 - 20 of 145 Posts