Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve looked on the site but must have missed the sub forum for trailers like the Hitched Homes series. I think they’re made be Greenlight. I have several and love them. I notice some of the older castings don’t have holes in them for the awnings. Most of mine don’t have the holes but I just bought an Airstream long trailer with the tandem axles. This one has the holes and I think it takes away from the appearance since I don’t use the awning in my display.

·
Administrator
29,003 Posts
That is a good point but I am not familiar with a company that has issued a trailer without another car or truck to pull it. So most are included by the brand and then the make and model of the tow vehicle. If you go to the Greenlight section you should be able to find a few threads on them look (search) for Hitch and Tow. They also have a series called Tiny Houses.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I’ll take a look at that. But the Hitched Homes series of vintage trailers like Airstream and Winnebago are actually sold as stand alone trailers. I find them at Hobby Lobby. Great series. I am familiar with the Hitch and Tow series as I’ve also seen them in the stores with the car/truck and trailer inclusive. Also, I’m not talking about the slide-in campers for trucks.

·
Administrator
29,003 Posts
I think I know which ones your are talking about now - they are another Greenlight series right?

What you can do is post about them in the general diecast collecting section or Greenlight for now and we can figure out how to add them into the forum sections as we go along. Either to keep them by brand or if there are numerous other makers out there we that can create a dedication sub section for them under diecast vehicles.

·
Administrator
29,003 Posts
Nice. I like how you pick appropriate tow vehicles for each of them. Another place you can add your photos is in our trailers thread. It is mostly just for photos but others do comment on them from time to time.

I myself would like to here more about the Mustang to the left and the Corvette Corvair concept above it in the case....

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great, love the trailer section you posted. Thanks for the compliment on my trailer pic. Those cars are part of my collection. I like them because I can’t afford the real things. I have two of the 1954 Corvair concepts. One in maroon and one in lite blue. I believe they are JL from at least ten years ago. I also have a few Mustangs as you see. I like the stock, original models.

·
Administrator
29,003 Posts
I see a lot of other cool castings as well. When you have the time and the photos available would love to see more of your collection! 🤙

·
Administrator
29,003 Posts
I stopped by our local Hobby Lobby location yesterday and they still had a few of the Hitched Home series hanging on the pegs. They were also pretty well stocked in other Greenlights as well. I was distracted by a Corvette I found and using their in store coupon I picked that one up. I do now have a shopping list for them and since their price structure limits me to only one casting at a time, they will have to wait until my next outing.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, I prefer to buy at Walmart because Hobby Lobby is a good bit pricier. They allow you to use their coupon for one item only. But they are a good source of great diecast cars and trailers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts