Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see lots of great garage dioramas here and was wondering where is the best place to buy the figures. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Figures are hit and miss. I bought a package of S Scale people and they are "MONSTERS" compared to any cars I put them next to. I have bought some from ebay in HO Scale that work great, but they are just sitting in bleachers at my dragstrip.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I spotted some race car figures at 'Dollar General the other day. They are molded plastic 'Hot wheels figures. I believe 50 to a bag.:)

·
Part Time Painter/Racer
8,683 Posts
Here's an old Christmas photo of my guys Back at the Shop. Do an Ebay search for: Pit Row Winner's Circle should bring up different groups...Carefully cut them loose from the display and they will stand up on there on or you can add a little sticky on the bottom of their feet...RM
P.S. My guys wear sunglasses because of the bright lights in the shop...:p

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
To the best of my knowledge there isn't much selection for 1/64 scale figures.
Regarding the train scale sizes.
HO is around 1/87 scale, so too small.
O is 1/48 so is too big (close to 1/43 scale and this is what I have used for those models).
S scale is supposed to be 1/64 but I have not seen any in person.
Found this for S Scale:
http://www.scalefigures.com/S/Sscale.htm
http://www.sceneryunlimited.net/arttista.php
http://www.s-scale.org.uk/figures.htm
Do a Google search for S Scale Figures and you'll find more :)

Takara Tomy (Tomytec) has begun making some 1/64 realistic buildings with people, and some of their Tomica Limited Vintage cars come with figures. My hope is they will bring out more figures in the futures as singles or figure only packs.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Ertl has put some people and figures in some of their play sets. Some times on ebay you can find some one breaking up sets and having people, animals, ans accessories. When I get extras I some times put a lot of playset pieces on the auction site.

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
I spotted some race car figures at 'Dollar General the other day. They are molded plastic 'Hot wheels figures. I believe 50 to a bag.:)
I'd sure like to find that bag. If they're HW's scale I'd buy a bag from you if you can get 'em. I'll check our Dollar Generals; but they literally get stuff in Yugoslavia before we get it in stores like Wally's, K-Mart, Dollar General, Fred's etc in Shelby, NC.

·
Most Interesting Member
6,267 Posts
I've never seen any of these.
Is there any pictures anywhere to even know what I'm lookin for?
It's like Bigfoot. Everyone's heard of them, but no ones ever actually seen them.

·
Registered
438 Posts
The Hot Wheels pit crew is approximately 1:32 scale -- flexible plastic like dollar store solidiers, police, and fireman sets. The figures are modern F1-style pit crew, with full-face helmets and fire suits.

I've seen these painted and used on 1:32 slot car tracks -- but unfortunately way too large for 1:64 garage dioramas.

Rick V.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts