Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here is my new car. this is a surprise when I get the mailpiece. Because I order a Mclaren roadster but I get this car, which is unavailable on their website yet.

The base even hasn't been engraved yet.

P/s: the car looks much better than in the picture.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Beautiful car, what a lucky find! Did you get it from a Chinese or HK seller? If it is then most likely it's a factory backdoor product. None-the-less, it's of excellent quality.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Wow, great score. Looks like I better check out that site too. Thanks for the link and thanks for sharing your cool find.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Checked out the site... it looks identical to the Minichamps official page. Sorry for a stupid question b/c the answer might be very obvious... what's the relationship between Minichamps and Danhausen? Their contact info is completely different, so they must be two different entities, right?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Checked out the site... it looks identical to the Minichamps official page. Sorry for a stupid question b/c the answer might be very obvious... what's the relationship between Minichamps and Danhausen? Their contact info is completely different, so they must be two different entities, right?
This is also the thing that I'm confused of. I just visited the minichamps official website, searched for "how to buy minichamps" in F.A.Q section and then I found Danhausen:D

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
As far as I can understand Danhausen was a store started by the Grandmother of Paul and Romy Lang who help start UT Models (joined with Unique Toys), predecessor of Gateway Global- owners of Autoart. PMA and even Biante are mixed into this mess but I am still not sure exactly how yet. Anyway, Paul and Romy Lang started Minichamps. I believe Danhausen had cars made for them but was not actually the manufacturer.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Man, what a complex background. Thanks for clearing things up for me. I was just concerned that it may be a phishing site. Too bad that there's no guarantee that I'll get a AMG SL65 by placing order on a SLR McLaren. Can't wait for the official product line to hit the States.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Man, what a complex background. Thanks for clearing things up for me. I was just concerned that it may be a phishing site. Too bad that there's no guarantee that I'll get a AMG SL65 by placing order on a SLR McLaren. Can wait for the official product line to hit the States.
I think that they accidentally made a mistake when they sent me the SL65 AMG b/c it hasn't been official released yet.

·
Registered
428 Posts
If I'm not mistaken but Dan Haussen is the entity that handles internet sales on behalf of the Minichamps website.

Like how Mattel Shop is the official internet sales arm for Mattel, this is MC's version.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Based on the fact that the next Minichamps 1/64 series is delayed until Spring of 2011, the Mercedes SL65 AMG that you have there could be the ONLY model available in the whole world for now. You really have something special there!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts