Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at the cool diarama pics here,I can't help but think,the cars themself are missing something.

I know,It's been touched on, but it's high time jl starts selling bags of people.

I'd like to see them pliable enough, to be able to squeeze them into hardtops,behind the steering wheel.

They should be able to hold thier shape like miniature, detailed,flesh colored, Gumby dolls.They could be posed standing or sitting.

It wouldn't even bother me,if they hardened after a few days, in a set pose.

I think it's cool,that there are scale people being made,from other manufacturers.
They are hard,paintable and detailed to specific individuals

The keys for JL's here are, pliability,posability and when stationary,paintability.

...and now,back to your regularly scheduled program

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW, I know it can be done.
I just bought a bag of painted,squishy eyeballs, from Walmarts Halloween section.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Great idea RobDog! I'm sure people on this board could come up with hundreds of ways too use them. From riding surfboards too working on cars. They would be a BIG hit :thumbsup:

·
Banned
8,979 Posts
Your a visionary RobDog :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Thats an idea loads of us could use. Back in 1998 Hasbro put a driver behind the drivers wheel in their 1/64th scale Winners Circle Pit Row series. So it can be done and it looks pretty cool- Lately I've been checking the Micro Icon Biker figures out on ebuy, they're an inch tall and seem just right to- still haven't gotten any - yet. :)

·
Registered
870 Posts
RobDog said:
I'd like to see them pliable enough, to be able to squeeze them into hardtops,behind the steering wheel.

Excellent idea, even if they are only figures from the waist up. How can you have a diorama with cars on the street driving around with no one behind the wheel? It doesn't look right if the cars seem to be driving themselves.

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
one idea, that I've used in diaramas,is the little 1:64, green,tan,or blue army/police men that were sold at Dollar stores.

They came in bags and must have been weighed by the pound,because there were lotza em.

A while back,I picked up a couple bags of em.
They are pliable, but not the best to paint.

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
RobDog said:
one idea, that I've used in diaramas,is the little 1:64, green,tan,or blue army/police men that were sold at Dollar stores.

They came in bags and must have been weighed by the pound,because there were lotza em.

A while back,I picked up a couple bags of em.
They are pliable, but not the best to paint.
I love the idea....can I see pics of those figures from the Dollar store?
Thanks!

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I must add,though pliable,they bend back into thier original shape,unless you "heat" them into a sitting position.

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
oh i've seen these army men...had a ton of thse when i was a kid...i thought they were something different....

Thanks for the pic!

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If we're talkin about the same thing...when you were a kid,you could order them from the back page of comic books...only they were bigger and hard plastic.

these are soft plastic and about an inch tall

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Matchbox had plastic interiors with drivers molded in back in the 1960s. The Ford Fairlane and Mercury both had drivers. I agree with rob, some drivers would look pretty cool.

·
Registered
666 Posts
"....I know,It's been touched on, but it's high time jl starts selling bags of people...."

I suggested the same idea at Toy Fair about 2 years ago during the RC2 tour. I was being shown the other RC2 product lines and saw all the Britiann army figures and said, "you guys should do pit crews, bikini models at car shows etc...."

Oh well, we can alway hope and dream :)

·
Registered
638 Posts
robdog there are 1/64 scale figures around they are just a little expensive and harder to find at most hobby shops. thats why i use h.o. scale, cheap you can find them at most hobby shops and you dont have to cut the legs off them to get them in most cars l.o.l. far from perfect .but look better than a car going down the road with no driver . johnny lightning could make them in 1/64 scale quite easy . it dont cost much to make them . and they could toss a few in a blister pack . but in the meantime ill stick to the h.o. scale lots of neat things you can find .even if it s far from perfect .there only toys and remember when you were a kid your toys could be anything you could imagine .l.o.l.

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
Hey! What are cars without people? Just hunks of metal and plastic, right? So many members here have voiced their desire for RC2 to do figures and other accessories. They tried it with 'Road Trip' and I hope they considered that program a success. It will be interesting to see what the new and improved RC2 does in this arena....

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
free spirit said:
That's a neat pic. Any other angles of this yard sale?
Man I'd love to see people,accseories etc.
I know Dip was working on this, but I don't know where he's at with it.

Somebody (Hey, RC2, you listening!?) needs to make these!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts