Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my collection of Ertl American Muscle / Route 66 cars

What am I missing in the way of colours ? I am only talking about the American Muscle castings, if anyone knows ?

Or does anyone have a list of models/colours ?

I know Route 66 used Racing Champions castings but that is another story

Greg (Carsdownunder)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Greg,

Why don't you come up with a list and post it.. and I will post the most complete list I know of... deal?

Robert

·
Registered
30 Posts
Greg,

Why don't you come up with a list and post it.. and I will post the most complete list I know of... deal?

Robert
Still trying to suck off other people's work I see....

You don't have a list to post, unless you are referring the the one I made.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hugger78,

I love giving away your marvelous work and glorious contributions away to society!!! Perhaps we shall have a 'Hugger78 Day' to supersede President's Day or July 4th?

Can't believe you're still defensive over that monumental triviality?

I've always had a list in text format of all my cars (not just Ertl) since the mid 90s, and then took your incomplete spreadsheet file, reformatted and significantly modified it, and of course added several cars onto it... so what is left of your original list is quite a bit less than what I have contributed to it...

I thought this was supposed to be a closed case...you are are quite silly.... and yes, I will post it again again and again and again for all to see. But this time, I will post a text file so you have NO Intellectual Property claims.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Sheldon,

Do what you have to do to feel big and important, I don't care.

As for me, it is simply Mind Over Matter.

I don't mind, beause you don't matter....

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well,

Thanks for most of the replies, All I was mainly interested in was finding out which ones I was missing, So I could find and purchase them, because I really love this line and of the 17 castings produced , Correct me if I am wrong,

I think that no other maker has made better castings of the cars that Ertl did back then , maybe the Greenlight or M2 Daytona, but the rest IMO are Unequaled, is that a word, in 1'64 scale

ANYWAY, Thanks for all the Positive comments

P.S. Dipstick when you get your list done can you send it to me or post it please

Greg , Carsdownunder

·
Registered
191 Posts
Greg,

I agree with you, independent of price, I believe the best 1:64 castings ever were the HW collectibles line, M2, the Chevy Drag line from Muscle Machines, Shelby Collectibles, and a one off by GMP, and a couple of castings from GL and JL (certainly NOT the entire line sadly).

However, I would not place most GL in this category, they are more like the majority of the JLs.

Other nice castings - but seriously lacking features (closed) or in some cases detail - are Kyosho, CMs, Norev, Shuco, JL, Maisto, Jada, Matchbox, Minichamps (despite being so expensive).

·
Banned
5,866 Posts
Other nice castings - but seriously lacking features (closed) or in some cases detail - are Kyosho, CMs, Norev, Shuco, JL, Maisto, Jada, Matchbox, Minichamps (despite being so expensive).

I agree the Ertl American Muscle were some of the best castings. They were also true to the scale instead of using the LARGE RC castings. I suspect that is why we are seeing some in the JL line now. Wish we could see more of the 60 Starliner......

I also agree with the MiniChamps comment. I am stunned at the cost of these. The subject matter hit (Alfa 8C, Bentleys) but the lion's share are redos that have all ready been done in the scale. I suspect the price is reflective of the royalties more than anything.

My fav right now are the Tomica Limited Vintage............ I am amazed at every casting I pick up.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Dipstick,

The TLV castings I've seen have decent detail, but NO features such as any openings... and of course their subject matter is quite boring... and unattractive.

Do you make reference to any particular car so I may look it up on epay?

·
Registered
14,681 Posts
I began collecting the 1/43 American Muscle cars then became turned off after running into cars with paint problems (blistering). Because of this, I never even looked at any of the 1/64 although the ones that you've shown here look really great. Nice collection!

·
Registered
781 Posts
Where can I find the 1/64th scale to buy? I have a couple of Ertl cars, but only got those by a big lot of cars off craigslist and they happen to be in there. None of the stores around here carry them that I have ever seen. At least not the auto lines. I have seen some tractors and farm equipment.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Where can I find the 1/64th scale to buy? I have a couple of Ertl cars, but only got those by a big lot of cars off craigslist and they happen to be in there. None of the stores around here carry them that I have ever seen. At least not the auto lines. I have seen some tractors and farm equipment.
I think your best bet would be Ebay, Followed by swapmeets/diecast shows etc, I got them when they 1st came out, around 7+ years ago.

Goodluck!!

Greg (Carsdownunder)

·
Registered
781 Posts
Just looked on ebay and those are some expensive little cars. I will have to think about these. I don't think the two I have are of the quality you speak of. But the ones on ebay are pretty sweet looking.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts