Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Hostile Racing Products Bajafest 2009 brough on the next new era of 1/5 scale racing. With the new RCRC EDM bodies out, several people have custom made their own, and Big Scale oval racing has begun. The look of the larger cars with the full bodies is amazing, not to mention the sounds made by them. Add some dirt & small rocks being thrown from the rear tires & It's just like the real thing. As a group we traveled 12 hours to up-state NY for the event from Indiana, and my main concentration was the EDM oval class. Here are a few pictures & videos of how it all went.

On a personal note I made it to TQ with a 2nd & a 1st in Qualifying. I had also won a new camera as a door prize, and had promised some cool video footage from it. The A-main footage is a result of much effort & is also a first that I know of with multiple angle on-board video views & also a trackside view as well. I really thought I had won, but in the video, you can see when the 2nd place car got around me in a spin. This was by far the most fun I have had racing & there will soon be a latemodel body coming too. Making the cars even bigger, but removing the wheel to wheel contact. That will be some good racing too.

A-main Part 1

Part 2

2nd Qualifier

1st Qualifier

http://i757.photobucket.com/albums/xx217/LSRC2009/HostileBashfest2009003.jpg

http://i757.photobucket.com/albums/...ajafest 2009 Best/HostileBashfest20092108.jpg

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Came across these last night on YouTube looking through EDM videos. Man, those things would be a blast to run. You're lucky you can get a class of those going out there.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Yeah, I knew they were expensive. Couldn't believe the price of the regular bodies even. Was in Extreme a few weeks back and some dude brought his in and asked Butch to paint up a body for him. Butch said, how much do these things cost? Dude was like $200.00. You should have seen the look on Butch's face.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you leave it stock.
I know a guy here in town that has over $3500 in to one, insain!

Duke
It's all in what you want to spend your money on. I know guys with 45,000$ in a Harley & I think thats excessive too, but who's to tell. If you enjoy it & have the cash to do it, More power to you !

·
Registered
199 Posts
Where are you guys racing these at? I'm from near Sandusky and they only race 1/4scale asphalt about an hour east of me.
I'd rather drive a little further and race dirt.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Where are you guys racing these at? I'm from near Sandusky and they only race 1/4scale asphalt about an hour east of me.
I'd rather drive a little further and race dirt.
There have been 2 official races. One in up state NY & the second in NC. There are tracks popping up all over the place. There is a dedicated track in VA & one in MD. We are going to have a track here at our shop this spring. We are in Monon Indiana, which would be the closest one to you that I know of. We would enjoy having you over for some good fun & racing though. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
It's all in what you want to spend your money on. I know guys with 45,000$ in a Harley & I think thats excessive too, but who's to tell. If you enjoy it & have the cash to do it, More power to you !

Amen! Still cheaper than full scale racing.

That looks like good fun right there. If there was a track close by, I would give it a shot.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
New Body Soon Available

The latest creation from RCRC Racing is this 1/5 scale Latemodel body. It has the awesome look, but also makes the 5b platform much larger. With this huge amount of surface area, the downforce on this body is amazing. The first test was held a week or so ago in Virginia Beach, & there will be more this weekend. As for right now the release date is just prior to Christmas, so if this looks interesting to you. Be ready to have yours done by spring, & come have fun with us at the many tracks popping up all over the East coast & I know some are showing up out west too.

Check it out:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.