Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is Black Sun's 1/48 "Galactic Recon Craft" I bought from Cougar, another Alfred Wong sculpt, the casting and detail are very nice! Black Sun did a good job, the 3 pages of instructions are clear and useful, there's a good decal sheet, and they even give you two vac-formed canopies just in case. As you can see the pieces fit together nicely, that's with no glue or sanding, just fitted together.

Anybody know any sites with good pictures of the interior and exterior of this beast.

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
I know alfred is a good pattern maker and all, but something strikes me as odd about this Raptor.

I think it is a little narrow down the middle. There is absolutly no room between the pilot and co-pilot seats.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just stuck the seats in the cockpit for the picture, they're not positioned right.

Thanks Lloyd!

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fantastic link,thanks! :thumbsup:

·
Curmudgeon
6,614 Posts
Nice kit, but not in my budget. I'm hoping Revellogram will eventually produce kits from the new series, the Raptor being one of them. Besides, I prefer styrene anyway. :p

·
Oxidation Genius
31,277 Posts
If only it wasn't the ugliest ship on the show! :lol:

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
John P said:
If only it wasn't the ugliest ship on the show! :lol:
Bite me, you hate any spaceship without nacelles and a saucer section! :cool:

·
Registered
523 Posts
glad your happy with the kit. Ill post some pics in a bit of what you helped me out with :) enjoy the build and we expect some more pics;)

thanks again bud!

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
I believe the entire interior(cabin, not just cockpit) is way too small. You could fix the problem by using smaller seats(Of course she will not be 1/48th scale), but since you'll have to scratchbuild the interior anyway, what's two more seats?

The exterior looks good though, and the fit and manufacture was done particularly well.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
It's a great kit, but it's got a few little problems. One is big enough that you can't really fix it, but I won't dwell on that since only the hardcore will ever find it.

Here are two that I chose to fix:

1) The kit's vertical stabilizers don't have the angularity of either the set-prop nor the CG rendering. Also, the kit part trailing enge ends rather bluntly rather than tapering. I built it up and resculpted mine a bit. I still have to rescribe the control surfaces.

2) There is a detail on the leading edge of both the wings (three box shaped thingies) which should only appear on the port side. I've started to make the correction in the picture below - it's an easy fix.

EDIT: So I watched the show tonight and the Raptor they use for the rescue has the detail noted above on both sides. When I checked my Raptor screen caps from Lay Down Your Burdens, Part 1, the Raptors have it the other way. So, either way is correct.

That's it for now.

BTW, I think it's a great looking little ship - ugly in a good kinda way, ya know like an A-10 is ugly.

John O.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nice work on the stabilizers!

Now what's the big problem?

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
BTW, where exactly is that big nose-mounted search light we've seen used in several episodes?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts