Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the bottom of this says pull back action porsche 928 s=1/39 ss-903 made in hong kong im thinking its 1/39th scale but it shore looks 1/43rd to me thanks for lookin thanks for any help and or input more to follow soon as i find them :rolleyes: it also has a lever on the bottom to open the headlights

·
Registered
343 Posts
"SS" was also sometimes branded "Sunny Side". These toys are members of that bunch of that came from Hong Kong and Macau from about 1980 through the present. The brands seem to be incestuous; some castings appear to have been used by more than one company. The scale seems to work out generally to about 1/40 but they also seem to be made to size, not to scale - so the VW beetle would be the same length as the Jaguar XJ220. They were often packaged not individually in one box, but rather a group of ten or twelve - each resting in its one car shell section of a plastic tray which was housed in a cardboard display box. Some of the other brands from this era were "Zee", "Zylmax", "Yatming", and "Maisto". The Zee and Zylmax seemingly morphed into Motormax and the SS/Sunny Side into Maisto - but this may be incorrect information.

- ranchero -

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help :) i've owned the porsce for a good long time. And never knew where it was from.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts