Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
Does anyone know if there is a listing of all the cars produced so far in 1/43rd from both Carrera and SCX? How about Artin and Tyco?

In fact, who has produced 1/43rd cars, and which companies are still doing so?

Thanks...Joe

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
dang. i had no idea there was that much 1/43 variety out there... seems like much of it is not for the US market...

--rick

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If anyone is collecting either the Carrera Go and/or SCX 1:43 cars, and would like to compare lists, let me know. Except for exchanging info with other collectors, I don't know how to get a list of the cars produced by these companies; and which cars can only be found in sets.

Thanks...Joe

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Grand,

Here's a decent site for 1/43 Carrera-Go info and history:

http://66.196.80.202/babelfish/tran..._en&trurl=http://www.carrera-go.de/index.html
I didn't think there was anywhere near that many Carrera Go cars. I figured I was keeping up fairly well with all the releases I could get here in the US and I might have been fairly close to having them all, but I'm not even in the ballpark.

It appears that a lot of the cars are specific to a particular country. I saw a number of references to Australia, Switzerland, Italy and the USA. Many cars are set only (which is always discouraging). However, it will take a while to go through that site and piece together what's there. I'm guessing it is written in German and is being translated by Babelfish.

Getting Carrera Go cars will take a lot of work. It seems that if you want to try to get a lot of these cars, you'll have to make contacts in other countries. In my limited search via Google, I don't see a lot of sales sites - at least not on the first page or two.

On the plus side, Carrera has put out a lot of models considering they only started in 2001 (according to the website). They may have put out more cars in the last 8 years than any other manufacturer.

Joe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts