Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
10,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's see how many Carroll Shelby based replicas we have in our collections. Remember, he was involved with other brands and makes over the years, as a designer, builder or driver so think broad.

God Speed Carroll, thanks for the legacy you left us.....

I'll get us started with a few, first is the 1966 Daytona 24 winning GT MKII by IXO. I dig the Shelby America decal on the window.

Also from Daytona, the second race in 1963, the 3 hour Continental, when the 289's made their competition debut, this car even lead before a blown fly wheel led to an accident, but Bang.

· Registered
921 Posts
Great thread ward....

Hey Mr.Moen... Can you go back over the history of the Cobra you have pictured on the top.... I know it's like a needle in a hay stack to try and find one , but seeing it again , makes me want to start looking again.

Frank

· Registered
19,913 Posts
Love the GT 40 at the top of the page.
It looks tuff in white with the black and red nose, but the blue side stripe and gold wheels kind of kill it for me.

I know it's probably a historically accurate car, I'm just saying what I think of the colors is all.

I'm starting to think 1:43rd is the way to go instead of 1:64.
The accuracy and correctness is just astounding!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.