Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The models were originally released about 9/10 years ago.

1. Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454



2. Plymouth 'Cuda 440



3. Pontiac GTO



4. Plymouth Road Runner



5. Ford Mustang 429 BOSS



6. Chevrolet Camaro SS 396



Continued in post #2
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
7. Plymouth GTX



8. Chevrolet Chevelle SS 396



9. Ford Fairlane 500 XL



10. Dodge Charger



11. Oldsmobile 442 Convertible




12. Dodge Challenger R/T



Cheers,

Steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,765 Posts
I do love those cars, I have 'em all. The Boss 429 was also done in Grabber Blue, and the Cuda was done in lime green. I just recently started unpacking them, so I'm working on memory, but it seems to me that I also have the Chevelle in blue. However, I won't swear to that one. They were expensive, but I do miss those 1/43 Matchboxes showing up in my mail every month.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,377 Posts
Thanks for posting pics of the entire set Steve.

I bought #1 (red 1970 SS 454 Chevelle) and #3 (blue 1967 Pontiac GTO) last weekend at "The World of Wheels" Custom Car Show. I paid $25 for both ( original boxes were included).

Did Matchbox make a 1957 Studebaker? The dealer at the show had one sitting with the cars that I bought, but I had no interest in it and I didn't look to see who made it.

I wish the dealer had #6 (black 1968 SS Camaro). I would have went home with me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
scrambler81 said:
I do love those cars, I have 'em all. The Boss 429 was also done in Grabber Blue, and the Cuda was done in lime green. I just recently started unpacking them, so I'm working on memory, but it seems to me that I also have the Chevelle in blue. However, I won't swear to that one. They were expensive, but I do miss those 1/43 Matchboxes showing up in my mail every month.
Thanks - If Matchbox had continued the series, I would have continued buying them as well.

Steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
STUTZ said:
Thanks for posting pics of the entire set Steve.

I bought #1 (red 1970 SS 454 Chevelle) and #3 (blue 1967 Pontiac GTO) last weekend at "The World of Wheels" Custom Car Show. I paid $25 for both ( original boxes were included).

Did Matchbox make a 1957 Studebaker? The dealer at the show had one sitting with the cars that I bought, but I had no interest in it and I didn't look to see who made it.

I wish the dealer had #6 (black 1968 SS Camaro). I would have went home with me.
Thanks Stutz, $25 for the Chevelle & GTO was a great deal.

I think the Studebaker was a Dinky - although as both were Matchbox & Dinky were owned by Mattel(?), it might well have come in Matchbox branding as well.

Cheers,

Steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,765 Posts
matchboxtom said:
I have about half of those. I need to round up the others.
For a while there, they were just about everywhere. Now, they seem to be getting pretty hard to find. I picked up most of the 1/43 Matchbox Collectibles (except the Vettes), but I kinda wish I had bought the fire trucks that they were offering back then. Heck, I even bought the Matchbox Railroad!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
scrambler81 said:
For a while there, they were just about everywhere. Now, they seem to be getting pretty hard to find. I picked up most of the 1/43 Matchbox Collectibles (except the Vettes), but I kinda wish I had bought the fire trucks that they were offering back then. Heck, I even bought the Matchbox Railroad!
I've got most of the Matchbox series, the 'Vettes, European Mini Cars, the 4x4s, Pickups & most of the "Oldies but Goodies". Has anyone else noticed, that a goodly number of the releases, were actually Vitesse castings - the Corvette C2, C3 & C5, all the Euro cars & several of the "Oldies".

On a more positive note, I see Minichamps have listed, for 2007, a Ford Torino - apparently it will first appear as "the red tomato with a white stripe". Where's Huggy Bear when you need him :thumbsup: Of course, knowing Minichamps, we can expect it in 2009 :rolleyes:

Steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
812 Posts
I have all twelve of them to .They were about $ 32.00 bucks a piece when they were sent by mail.I just love them.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,377 Posts
Here's a pic of the two cars that I bought last weekend at the "World of Wheels" Custom Car Show in Pittsburgh, PA for $25 for the pair. Original boxes were included. I'm sorry that I didn't buy 2-4 more cars at that price.

 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top