Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have started to film a series of videos related to the basics of a 1/4 scale car along with some history. Currently i am bad at this, but hope to get better as time goes by. My goal is to peak some interest into these cars from people that have not seen them before.

http://www.youtube.com/user/quarterscalelegends

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Where have you been?! I have not seen you on the site for some time. Loved seeing your builds!

·
Premium Member
5,385 Posts
Looks good Mike.

·
Registered
669 Posts
What an awesome piece of history! It's too bad it went away. I'd love to see a gearbox class today. What do you currently run?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the kind comments!!

I have not run it for a few months, but here is my car right after I got the body back from my paint guy. Its a custom cage chassis with lightning parts on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks sonny! Cant wait to see pics of yours when its done.

The next videos I am planning are Yankee viper, Rear ends and also a introduction to 1/4 scale with general information for people that have never seen them before.

·
Registered
669 Posts
What a terrific idea! If you kept it with the current cars and made it a little generalized maybe you would allow it to be posted on the QSAC site?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would be more then happy to include current cars. Keeping it generalized is the idea... size, engine, etc. Just an introduction into the scale itself with very little history.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK, topics to be discussed in "introduction to 1/4 scale"

-Physical size compared to human, 1/10, 1/8 with dimensions
-Engine type
-How fast / How much?
-Body type
-Wheel and tire
-Short blurb on history
-Where to currently go on the internet for more info, qsac.org etc.

What else would you guys like to see in a video like this?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thats a very good idea. I guess I could contact those people and get permission to use their video. Video of racing would really give people an idea of size and speed.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I think it would be a good idea if the video's are of the different cars of today. Sportsman/GN sprint, truck. You might want to leave price out.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Leaving the price out may be a good idea although I was thinking of putting a price range of ..... Hmm, maybe you are right :)

Now doing the different cars I get... BUT at the same time I dont know how deep I want to get into doing this video. Its not like I am a qsac spokes person. Also, I dont really have any current race cars other then my GN and then a couple quarterscale motorsports cars and I dont even know if larry still makes those in the GN form anymore?

Maybe Denny could come over and help out on this video? :) ehhhh? :)

·
Registered
332 Posts
I see your point. I'm sure someone on here has video they have shot of the different types of cars though. I guess a general disc. is good enough, my thought behind it was in different parts of the country people like completely different things. Like here in S.C. there are no full size sprintcars to watch but there are plenty stock cars.

Did you get the pics lastnight?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
True. It would be good to definately show a GN and Sprint for sure. Truck would be good, but dont have one.

Yea, got the pics and thats wicked. I want one for my delara GN. I think it may fit. Let me know!

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
thats a very good idea. I guess I could contact those people and get permission to use their video. Video of racing would really give people an idea of size and speed.
you have QSAC's permission to use any of the videos linked thru our site.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanks, I really appreciate that. Good deal.

I am going to start writing up the video this weekend, may even get to shooting some sunday afternoon. We will see.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Don't know how much I would be able to help, but let me know what I can do for ya. :thumbsup: Kind of difficult to get out of the house these days with the family and stuff, but that doesn't mean email or phones don't work, right? Give me a pm and let me know what you're thinkin...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts