Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jim Patton from ft. dodge asked me to make a post. Acording to him during the battle at the barn at vets auditorium in Desmoines they are interested in running sportsman and sprints in between some events. if they get 12 cars to show they will make it an actual class for next year. this might just be hotlaps or a actual race. we would have to score ourselves. the track will be concrete. i guess there will be 6 thousand in attendance and so far will have to buy a pit pass to race which is twenty dollars. according to the website theres go kart races, quads and motorcross and a all race trade show. maybe at the trade show we can set up a table with info and get peolpe interested. a good way to promote 1/4 scale and in january. any questions contact jim patton

jims email is [email protected]
address for battle at the barn http://www.battleatthebarn.com/

·
Registered
916 Posts
Jeff Davis contacted me about the possibility of this going down and I talked to Randy Brown Sat. and he was interested . I haven't gotten with Fred about this yet but I'm sure he'd be interested . Keep us updated on the particulars and we'll see what we can do from this neck of the woods .

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Sounds Intriguing. I'm sure we could field a couple sprinters.

Kevin Verschuure
Kevin
Jeff and i think this would be a great crowd to get in front off and get some good exposure for 1/4 scale and for your local clubs. we will really need the help of the guys from your neck of the woods to try and field 12 cars for this event. If we do they say they will include us on a yearly basis. We are also thinking of putting up a display there also, the price is very resonable for a 10 by 10.

mike

·
Registered
898 Posts
I told my son about this and he thought it would be fun to race on the coke syrup covered floor, should not have to worry about traction. So we have 2 sportsmen. If we can get all the cars from Ft. Dodge and Algona to show we would have about 15 cars.

I am not a member of either club from Algona or Ft. Dodge but I do race there all the time so let me know what kind of help you all need and I will do what I can.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I agree Mike. This sounds like a good opportunity to promote our hobby in Central Iowa. I trust that others in the area will see that as well. The Algona and Fort Dodge Area is attracting some new blood and I'm guessing those guys will be eager to participate. I would hate to venture a guess at this point as to how many cars will show up, but there should be enough put on a good exhibition. It sounds like Jim Patton, Rick Klein and some others that are more local to that area are starting to generate interest.

If we do choose to set up a booth, we should try to split the time committment so that one person doesn't feel obligated to stay there the entire time.

Kevin

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i'm planning to come to race and promote 1/4 scale. i have a bunch of video from veterans park that i want to burn to a dvd and maybe we can have a tv playing it to show people.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Clemenade:

I can bring a TV with a built in DVD player. I will also print out a bunch of cards that we can give out at the booth. I can take some time in the booth also if we are taking shifts.

·
Having fun is #1
1,978 Posts
Guys, QSAC will have a 10x10 booth at this event. Mike and I are working with the track and trying to get us a good location on the booth. I think this is a golden opportunity for the quarter scale hobby. We will be running sportsman and sprint car classes. They will be buying the trophies for the top three in each class. Hope all of you will come out and support this race and help us put on a good show.

I would like to see a huge turnout. All the tracks are shutdown that time of year and all of us needs to try and make this race. This could very well turn into the superbowl or Daytona 500 of quarter scale racing. Thanks for your time and hope to see you at the race!!!

Check it out www.battleatthebarn.com

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
Has anyone looked into where we can stay for that weekend? Need to look at putting in a reservation ahead of time. Be kind cool if we get all the 1/4 scalers in the same building for that weekend. On a second thought....maybe not:freak:

Mike
willmannracingproducts.com

·
Premium Member
2,329 Posts
Video

i'm planning to come to race and promote 1/4 scale. i have a bunch of video from veterans park that i want to burn to a dvd and maybe we can have a tv playing it to show people.
I have done this at a few shows I have done. The people will stand and watch a complete race with there mouths open. It is a great way to promote the sport. I have done it at sell swap and trade shows, Eldora speedway, and a few local race car shows for charity. I also print out papers with contacts for QSAC and local area directors and my contact information.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Guys, I just made a reservation at the Motel 6 in Altoona for the event...the rate was $36 per nite. If someone finds a better deal on a place closer to downtown Des Moines...please pass it along.

Larry Hopson

·
Registered
718 Posts
Winter Race

Does anyone know the size of track....???...Tough time of year for me to try and get away but I will see if I can Talk some Ingalls boys into it...

·
Having fun is #1
1,978 Posts
Larry,
How far from the track is the Hotel? Thats cheep.
Guys, I just made a reservation at the Motel 6 in Altoona for the event...the rate was $36 per nite. If someone finds a better deal on a place closer to downtown Des Moines...please pass it along.

Larry Hopson

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
i booked a room at the inlaws...its o.oo per night...im thinkin that 36.oo may be better! lol
CRAP are you kidding me..and i am riding with you, we probably shouldnt eat any meals there then i guess...should i sleep with one eye open? POPEYE

1 - 20 of 22 Posts