Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if a 1:350 kit of the TMP "Vulcan" Shuttle has ever been produced? I tried googling it, but all I came up with were a couple of links to online hobby stores that have the R2 re-pop of the AMT kit mis-labeled as 1:350 (one even had in the description that Moebius produced the model, even though R2's logo is clearly on the packaging in the photo :drunk: ).

Anyway...if anyone knows of a kit, I'd love to get my grubby paws on one to go with my (hopefully!!) soon to be completed 1:350 Refit.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Nope--there's one in scale with the 1/537 (or whatever) original AMT refit I think, nothing in scale with the big one.

·
Banned
1,992 Posts
Does anyone know if a 1:350 kit of the TMP "Vulcan" Shuttle has ever been produced? I tried googling it, but all I came up with were a couple of links to online hobby stores that have the R2 re-pop of the AMT kit mis-labeled as 1:350 (one even had in the description that Moebius produced the model, even though R2's logo is clearly on the packaging in the photo :drunk: ).

Anyway...if anyone knows of a kit, I'd love to get my grubby paws on one to go with my (hopefully!!) soon to be completed 1:350 Refit.

Thanks!

The refit and the 'A' had a shuttle minus the sled,...........was very tiny!
Here is the shuttle on top of my cell with a quarter.....
I supose one could scratch the sled part.

·
Banned
1,992 Posts
A few points from this thread are in error, that is assuming Round 2 scaled the assesories in the refit correctly. Using screencaptures from STTMP as comparison clearly shows the size of the shuttle as it backed into the bridge module. It is my opinion that Round 2 can't be far off the mark if not dead on.The third photo illustrates the LRS docked to the bridge module on the 1/350 saucer. The fourth photo shows the travel pod, long range shuttle, bridge module, and standard shuttle from the 1/350 kit together. The LRS is not much bigger than the standard shuttle and can clearly fit in the landing bay.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
The problem with screen caps compared to phisycal models is what is the distance between the 2 vessels in the screencap??? Now if you had a screencap of the shuttle hard docked to the Enterprise well then.............

·
Banned
1,992 Posts
Apparently made by a modeler (not known if it was ever offered for sale) Here in all it's glory is the 1/350 Warp Sled photographed with the 350 refit. I can find no other references to it.

As for the scale issue, you can fight amongst yourselves, I pick my battles carefully....and this ain't one of 'em. I done picking nits or counting rivets. Just presenting the information at hand. :freak:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts