Hobbyist Forums banner

161 - 180 of 2189 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'll see if there is room, but the vinyl is plenty opaque with just one layer. I use it for light block all the time.
Lou, you had mentioned something about possibly including registry masks in the "deluxe" masking set. Would these masks be the kind where we apply them to the hull, airbrush over them, and then peel them back off in order to have a painted "U.S.S. Enterprise N.C.C.-1701" on the hull? Or would they be stick on letters & numbers that would just replace the decals? In other words, would they be raised from the hull surface?

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Hey gang,
I just wanted to update you that the templates are well underway and the first sets should go out the beginning of next week.

the set has been finalised and will include:

all windows - plus extras - just in case
inner dome strips
masks for the gray shapes under the nacelles
masks to paint the "landing gear" triangles

Happy Thanksgiving
Do we get these right from you Lou, or from suppliers. Those blade masks are used permanently as opposed to painitng?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Thank you Sparky. I made my post because someone on another forum said this color had been discontinued but based on what I see in this thread they appear to be wrong. Sorry if I created any concern about that.
To echo RossW, Canadian VooDoo grey HAS been discontinued. The Amazon link you posted is already "out of stock". :(

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Here's the thing on the registry numbers.

What i will provide on the "advanced" set will be a positive/negative box.

you can peel out the "positive" letter shapes and just stick them to the hull or you can peel them out from the rectangle box, stick the box down and spray paint the lettering on. You will need to apply the inside of the "0" as a separate piece, so be sure you center it correctly before you spray

the fins for the inner bussards are meant to be applied and left there forever.

I'm offering these to my regular suppliers, but if there are any shops out there that y'all use that don't currently stock my stuff, I will certainly be happy to contact them to see if they'd be interested.

BTW I'm also investigating making the red and yellow markings in vinyl. those would be a specialty item and would be much more expensive because I would do all of the hand work needed to make them peel and stick individually. Just an idea at this point. I've done this for 66" versions, but this is more tiny :freak:

·
Registered
737 Posts
Speaking of colors, the instructions also don't make it clear whether just the "ball" on the tip of the deflector dish spike should be brass, or if the ball and the collar behind it should be brass (with the rest of the spike being metallic silver).

·
Registered
119 Posts
I happened to pick up the last bottle of Canadian VooDoo grey at my local hobby store; Piper Hobby in VA.
No WAY! When?

Because I just picked up the last bottle of Canadian VooDoo grey at MY local hobby store which is Piper Hobby in Chantilly, Va. Those sneaky guys must just be putting out one bottle at a time!

·
Registered
343 Posts
And on another subject, I've ordered a second kit, this time the standard kit from MegaHobby. If you enter "hobbytalk" for a coupon code, you get $15 off your order. :)

I think I'll pick up the lighting kit and registry decals later for my second one. :)

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
portside portholes

Hey Gary,

was there ever any thoughts given to mirroring those tiny portholes from the starboard under saucer to the port side?

I mean since you mirrored the front quarter bank of windows on the rim of the saucer, then why not those ones? evenif only as indications to drill the rest of the way from the inside

just askin' the kit is tremendous, BTW

·
Registered
290 Posts
Just a thought on the great Canadian Voodoo Grey shortage of '12. Since it's a military color (FS 16515) can't another paint manufacturer be used? I was just looking at a build up of a Canadian air craft that had it's base color painted with Xtracolor's Canadian Voodoo Grey. I'd say I couldn't see a difference between that model's color and the Testor's paint as shown in the 350 E's painting guide however that wouldn't be useful because I really am colorblind which is why I post this as an open question should I need to pursue that path. I'll be venturing to my local hobby shops tomorrow to see if I locate some, preferably Testors.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Crap! Here's one of the plans that we sent the factory. Looks like they mirrored the lights to the other side of the radial grid line. Methinks Jamie will have words with them.

Gary

Hey Gary
Question about the dots/lights in front of the dorsal...
What are they and are there 3 like the MR and Polar Light kit have or 2 like the picture of the minature.

Also let me take a second to join those folks thanking you for the work you put in to the kit. I was impressed by how solid it was when I taped it up just to see it.
I was so impressed I took it outside and held it up to see it and stars together. It is the first model I've "wooshed"!

161 - 180 of 2189 Posts