Hobbyist Forums banner
61 - 80 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Rest of windows painted on the sensor pod/ dorsal section. I also painted the deflector dish, sensor dish and rings of the deflector mount.

There is a prominent seam between the upper and lower saucer parts, I decided to expand that and use it as a feature on this model. Since this is a science vessel I see this as a sensor band that runs around the edge of the saucer, an early version of the bands on the refit Enterprise.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Painted the nacelle domes, I used Tamiya TS-39 Mica Red, sprayed inside the clear dome. It is slightly transparent so it gave me the look I wanted. I also started adding the three tabs around the dome. Once the glue dries I will drill them and add the bolt heads.

·
Starship Class
12,120 Posts
Looks great. Very impressive that you're painting the markings.

I like the fact that this ship has the older warp nacelles and tall bridge unit. One would think most ships of the fleet would have been similar to this since the Enterprise and a dozen or so others were more recently upgraded and considered top of the line at the time [edit: during the TOS production series era c. 2266-2270.]

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Looks great. Very impressive that you're painting the markings.

I like the fact that this ship has the older warp nacelles and tall bridge unit. One would think most ships of the fleet would have been similar to this since the Enterprise and a dozen or so others were more recently upgraded and considered top of the line at the time.
I had no choice but to paint the markings and pennants on the nacelles, I didn't want to have to buy a decal sheet just for them. I did buy the name and registry decal set for the 1/350 Enterprise so I would have the proper font for this model. As for using the older design, that was my intention, this ship predates Captain Pike's Enterprise, it is my interpretation of the SS Columbia mentioned in "The Cage".

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
The lettering for Star Trek tos is a font is called Airborne, and you can get it here for free. I've been restoring my old AMT Enterprise and will eventually use this to make my own decals for all the lettering.

Airborne Font - FFonts.net
I will bookmark that, my workhorse computer died right after christmas and I have yet to replace it. I have been getting by on a Chromebook laptop that is almost 4 years old, can't do a whole lot with it.

61 - 80 of 87 Posts