Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fantastic Kit! Most of you know me that I am not building the Enterprise. I am building the Constellation specifically the Desilu/AMT version and do the conversion kit for it as well. I must say this kit has some thick plastic when I was cutting the Enterprise it did take out my Dremel scroll saw had to go back to the old trusty cutting wheel! it is going to be a very fun build, here is a video of me cutting up a Premiere edition kit:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
3,680 Posts
Cool! I like that you're doing something outside the box - there are going to be a kajillion straight builds, and it's great to see a different take. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
that looked like one of those hostage videos or snuff films :drunk::eek:

you have a pair of brass ones, my friend, good luck!
Hey Lou question, the window masks you are doing for the Big E, will they alll be individual little stickers for each little circle? Are we close to seeing the kit. What other masks will be in the kit?

·
Registered
466 Posts
I love it! There are people who'll wear cotton gloves handling their kit... force them to watch this! The ending is just such a "so THERE!"

Although, I have to say... the audio sounds like the world's longest [email protected]

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Hey Lou question, the window masks you are doing for the Big E, will they alll be individual little stickers for each little circle? Are we close to seeing the kit. What other masks will be in the kit?
Yes, I will do my darndest to have masks for every clear part, plus the fan blades for the bussards.

here's where I'm on the fence...I'm thinking of releasing two sets of masks.

One with what I just said for folks who are only want window masks. I can have that available just as soon as possible. (i'll start as soon as I get my kit)

Another set which includes what I just said plus masks for the gray areas under the nacelle caps, the rust ring, and a full (original design) set of azteks for the saucer and secondary hull. I'm also thinking of including the registry numbers and name in the black vinyl so you don't need to worry about the carrier film on the decals ( I will have to see how thick the vinyl looks on the hull to see if that's even appropriate (sp?) ). this will take a little bit longer and obviously cost quite a bit more.

thoughts?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Really I would want just the window masks because I will be doing the second pilot version so most of the other stuff; I wouldn't need.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Constitution class dissection...uhhhh. Like watching the frogs get it in jr high biology class. Well this has convinced me that my first non-Enterprise ship will be the Defiant. Just a coat of green glow-in-dark paint and no pain. Plus at 350 scale, makes a pretty decent night light :tongue:

I am anxious to see progress pictures on your Constellation.

·
Premium Member
3,680 Posts
...I'm also thinking of including the registry numbers and name in the black vinyl so you don't need to worry about the carrier film on the decals ( I will have to see how thick the vinyl looks on the hull to see if that's even appropriate (sp?) )...
How about doing the registries and such as painting masks?

·
Registered
5,760 Posts
I am interested in the window masks and the masking for the shaded areas, but not at all for any aztec paneling. Perhaps three separate sets?

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
I am interested in the window masks and the masking for the shaded areas, but not at all for any aztec paneling. Perhaps three separate sets?
I could bump those shapes over to the "basic" set and make that a little more involved.

I can include an outer box on the registries so they could be used as a paint masks, easy-peasy

·
Registered
332 Posts
Today got the bottom of the saucer cut out and working on the starboard damage nacelle strut:thumbsup:
As I read this, I'm doing my best Nancy Kerrigan: "WHY?!?!? WHY??!?!!"

Seriously though, I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Working on the saucer and got the smoked glass pieces in. I recommend glueing the saucer in sections with liquid glue and clamps. This way you don't have to fight it and have a better bond:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 158 Posts