Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys I'm working on a new project and thought I would get your ideas and some feedback about it. I will start out by saying I got the idea from the General Grievous fighter in Star Wars III Revenge of the Sith when I first saw it I thought it looked kinda like a P-40 with two engines. So I got my hands on a couple of the old Revell 1/32 scale P-40s and started from there. I decided to base the fighter on the design of the F-82 Twin Mustang. The plan is to do a diorama with the fighter, a pilot and a small refueling hover truck with a robot mechanic. I found a neat looking little Japanese truck in 1/32 scale I'm going replace the wheels with exhaust nozzles and add a fuel tank in the back. I have got all of the kits together now and I've started on the diorama. Here are a few pictures and a sketch of what the plane will look like after it is painted.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Guess what guys I have a friend that has a 1/32 scale F-14 Tomcat that he is letting me have, it's missing the canopy so he doesn't want it anymore. I'm planning to use a few parts from it on the twin P-40. Such as opening the front of the center pod and adding all of the radar stuff from the nose of the Tomcat, also some of the panels, engine goodies and the beefier landing gear.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts