Hobbyist Forums banner

561 - 573 of 573 Posts

·
Oxidation Genius
31,194 Posts
Looks good. This one's going on the list. Gonna hold off for now though at the price - which isn't unreasonable, but it gets increasingly difficult to justify (especially at the moment) when I think of my current backlog of probably some 60 or so kits.

I'm afraid to actually do a count and put a solid number on it. :p
Amateur. Wait till you hit two or three thousand, then complain.
;)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Amateur. Wait till you hit two or three thousand, then complain.
;)
I still have a Testors 1/48 SR-71 to finish. Got about halfway through decaling it and then sort of got distracted by other things. That was (as I recall) 1990.

But it's still here, covered with a plastic sheet to keep the dust off, sitting on top of the bagged decal sheet. I'll get around to finishing it any day now... any day...

·
Oxidation Genius
31,194 Posts
I still have a Testors 1/48 SR-71 to finish. Got about halfway through decaling it and then sort of got distracted by other things. That was (as I recall) 1990.

But it's still here, covered with a plastic sheet to keep the dust off, sitting on top of the bagged decal sheet. I'll get around to finishing it any day now... any day...
I can't even count how many I have like that!
I had a Hasegawa Stuka that I was building in the 90s. I didn't feel like masking that greenhouse canopy, so I put it back in the box, unfinished except for the canopy and some detail work. In 2017 I finally decide to finish it, after about 20 years. I finished it, took pictures, and accidentally dropped it on the way to the display shelf. It landed upside-down and smashed the canopy. :/

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
I can't even count how many I have like that!
I had a Hasegawa Stuka that I was building in the 90s. I didn't feel like masking that greenhouse canopy, so I put it back in the box, unfinished except for the canopy and some detail work. In 2017 I finally decide to finish it, after about 20 years. I finished it, took pictures, and accidentally dropped it on the way to the display shelf. It landed upside-down and smashed the canopy. :/
Bummer.

·
Registered
301 Posts
That’s interesting, but the font of the registry on the decal sheet in the kit appears different than the decal sheet used for the miniature, most notably in the shape of the “dogleg” on the “R”, which was more rounded on the miniature. I think the font was also more “vertically compressed“ on the miniature. And the yellow “deltas” were thinly outlined in red on the miniature. But I was happy to see that the Columbus was recognized as shuttle number 3 In the kit, which I think is something only confirmed (for most of us) when some spare original decal sheets were offered for sale a few years back.

Anyway the kit seems to favor the mockup more so than the miniature, so it stands to reason the decals would too.

561 - 573 of 573 Posts