Hobbyist Forums banner

521 - 540 of 573 Posts

·
Administrator
26,984 Posts
Here to help! Just let me know who it is that is forcing you watch a 15 minute time waster of a video for you.

·
BANNED
7,983 Posts
t'was a 15 minute advertisement.
I began to watch and realized that I really don't need a tutorial about how to get items out of packaging boxes.
correct, no one was forced to watch the video all the way through and no one was forced to comment on another's post regarding same.
please !!!!! ..... let us all take a moment, .... a deep breath in, out through the nose and relax.
there are more important things to express our disappointment and/or anger about.
these are supposed to be fun relaxing hobbies and fun discussions about same.
I know that I some times post up an acrid thought or two. maybe more? .... LOL !
after all I have been suspended quite a few times.
but, at the end of the day, I am still here
and
you are still there
and we still have something in common that bonds us beyond petty differences.
some guy who got tar beat out of him, responding to all the riots in his 'honor' once said ......
.... "can't we all just get along?" ....

·
Registered
580 Posts
Yeah, I continue to just not get unboxing videos--I can read and look at photos in a fraction of the time...
It is a youtubers way of getting more views. There are people who may not watch a full build video but may watch an unboxing video, just to get a look at what is in the box before they buy the kit. I did not watch the full video, I just skipped to the section that showed off the actual kit parts to get a feel for the size and how it will go together.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
I never understand all the love for video's. They take too much time!
As others have said, just give me the photo's.

Like krlee, I skipped to the good parts!

Anyway, It looks mostly like I expected. I think it will build into a nice shuttle.

·
Registered
581 Posts
For goodness sake.

The kit isn't out yet and I thought someone might enjoy seeing it, while waiting for it to be available. Not my video, I don't create videos, for any platform.

As Barbra Billingsley once said: Chump don't want no help, chump don't get no help. Bunch of jive turkeys ain't got no brains anyway.

·
Oxidation Genius
31,194 Posts
For goodness sake.

The kit isn't out yet and I thought someone might enjoy seeing it, while waiting for it to be available. Not my video, I don't create videos, for any platform.

As Barbra Billingsley once said: Chump don't want no help, chump don't get no help. Bunch of jive turkeys ain't got no brains anyway.
I know you didn't make it, and I do appreciate the thought. No shade on you, just on these silly videos in general.

Wife: What the heck are you watching?
Me: A 15-minute video of a guy taking model parts out of the box.
Wife: Okaaayy - when are you going to clean the bathroom?
Me: After I see what the clear parts look like, dammit! sigh Now I have to go back and see what I missed while you were talking to me!
😄

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Watched the video, and yeah it would have been better just to show photos of the parts, but it's typical of must unboxing videos.

One thing I noticed is Round 2 continues to use generic paint names for their color call outs. I wish they'd give specific call outs, using a manufacturers paint name/number, like they do in their 1/350 kits.

Having just a colored square on a box side, that you have to try and match to a color shown on a manufacturers website is problematic at best, since the resolution of your computer screen may not show the color correctly.

Not a deal breaker, I'll be purchasing the kit, it's just that I'm used to how kit manufacturers of military kits do it, giving manufacturers paint names/numbers. There's a big difference between saying a cockpit is dark green and opposed to saying it's U.S. Bronze Green, for example.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I have no issue with the people who make the videos or the execution, and yes, I fully understand this is a way to generate views on youtube. I'm simply saying I'd rather read a review and look at photos. Everything can proceed as normal. :)

·
Registered
580 Posts
For goodness sake.

I enjoyed the video, I just skipped to the parts that interested me.

·
Registered
5,773 Posts
Watched the video, and yeah it would have been better just to show photos of the parts, but it's typical of must unboxing videos.

One thing I noticed is Round 2 continues to use generic paint names for their color call outs. I wish they'd give specific call outs, using a manufacturers paint name/number, like they do in their 1/350 kits.

Having just a colored square on a box side, that you have to try and match to a color shown on a manufacturers website is problematic at best, since the resolution of your computer screen may not show the color correctly.

Not a deal breaker, I'll be purchasing the kit, it's just that I'm used to how kit manufacturers of military kits do it, giving manufacturers paint names/numbers. There's a big difference between saying a cockpit is dark green and opposed to saying it's U.S. Bronze Green, for example.
It's understandable and makes sense what you say, but realistically, there is no telling just what brands of paint might even be available to a purchaser..There is no clear promise of any brand being easily available. This kit will likely appear at Hobby Lobby. What good would Gunze-Sangyo or Tamiya or (old school now) Humbrol paint numbers do? Heck, last time I checked even the Testors Model Masters rack was reduced in stocking.with many military colors gone.

Here in the U.S. plastic kit building is pretty dead. Real local hobby shops are few and far between. Putting color chips on the box at least tells a customer "buy colors that look like this" even if all there is are Krylon rattle cans and tiny Valleo eyedropper bottles. :)

Japan in particular appears to have quite a robust hobby shop infrastructure, with Gunze-Sangyo in particular crafting special 'color sets' for new releases. Sadly this can't be duplicated here in the U.S,

I have no idea what the state of things in Europe and England are hobbyshop-wise but Humbrol seems to still be chugging along.

·
Registered
5,760 Posts
I enjoyed watching the video. He did a nice job showing the box art and displaying the parts layout.
I hope that these kits are released soon. I'm not getting any younger!

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
I enjoyed watching the video. He did a nice job showing the box art and displaying the parts layout.
I hope that these kits are released soon. I'm not getting any younger!
So say we all!
-Jim G.G.

·
Registered
806 Posts
You know, I saw the posting inviting me to watch the video. I could have skipped it but decided not to. I could have stopped the video any time, but didn't. I enjoyed it, even though I may not get the kit (I'm 65 years old and have ten times that number of kits in my stash). It's all a matter of choice.

521 - 540 of 573 Posts