Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope the new Round 2 1/25 Batmobile kits are going to be based on the First Season. That had a shorter tubine exhaust.

I hope they consult with expert Andy Garringer for accuracy. Andy built me a 1/25 Batmobile and it's so hyper detailed.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
So this is definitely a new tooling?
Yes! The 1/25th scale glue and snap kits will be all new tooling. They will not be sized up versions of the Aurora 1/32 sacle kit. Rumors are that they will be even more accurate then the 1/18th scale Hot Wheels versions.

It will be nice to finally have a 1/25th scale version of this car. I built up a version from the Futura but that is not 1/25th scale. That model is actually somewhere between 1/27 and 1/28th scale.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Will this be a curb side kit? or the full monte?

Randy?
Randy,
My understanding is that this kit will have an engine. I think they were still deciding what kind of engine. The Ford engine that was in the real car or some kind of turbine engine that one would expect in the fictional Batmobile.
This is what I hear from my sources. However they have been way off base a few times in the past. It should be relatively easy to mount an engine if it does happen to be a curbside kit.

My opinion is that if they get the exterior and interior details right I won't mind so much if there's no engine

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Great stuff! Not only do we get the 1/18 diecasts and the old Aurora one but we get a new 1/25 kit as well. Who'd have thought it!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
673 Posts
I'm being cautiously optimistic about it, but this is the best news I've heard in quite a while. I'll certainly try to do my part to help the sales of this one.

·
Oxidation Genius
31,235 Posts
I had no idea there were 1st/2nd season differences. Or that there was anyone who knew.

·
Banned
2,726 Posts
The car changed in the first season,after they did the feature film, and all through,until the third season.The car which is now back in the hands of George Barris,looks nothing like the car when it was filmed.I'm a member of 66Batmobile.com.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I had no idea there were 1st/2nd season differences. Or that there was anyone who knew.
Please. There are people here coming to blows because they think Moebius should reissue both the pilot and production versions of My Mother the Car.

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Please. There are people here coming to blows because they think Moebius should reissue both the pilot and production versions of My Mother the Car.
... and we can only be thankful there wasn't a second and third season to that series.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
I'm still waiting for a super-detailed, 100 percent accurate kit of this TV classic.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts