Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Wal-mart is dropping the 1/24th line. Only to carry the 1/64th according to one district manager. They don't move them very well in our area at all.

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
I have 3 TRU in my area. They each got a case of 4 in.
That was about 3 weeks ago. Made the rounds today and
out of 12 1/24 cars just one of them has sold. So they are
not jumping off the shelves.

·
Banned
726 Posts
Yes, I agree that at $20, it will be hard to sell. I went to the same TRU 2 different weeks and got the same 1/24 WLs. The Silver Thunderbolt white tires/tom zarsky written on tires. I was reluctant to get 2nd WL, but what the hell. The remaining 6 from the assortment are still sitting on shelves.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I wonder if it's just me or are the 1/24ths less skillfully produced than their 1/64th scale cars? Lots of flaws. At any rate, Wal Marts around here closed 'em out at $5.00 a copy. Bought a stack of Superbirds.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Wal-mart is dropping the 1/24th line. Only to carry the 1/64th according to one district manager. They don't move them very well in our area at all.
My local Wally is doing a remodel. They just finished the toy dept. and there is a space for the 1/24. They have moved their existing stock there and the price, which was $11.00 on clearance, is back to $14.88.

Looks like they will continue to carry them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts