Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Cautiously Optimistic
5,017 Posts
Very nice, as usual.

Forgive if this question has been asked before, but which masking medium do you use to simulate paint peel? The results are outstanding.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Most Impressive!

All I have to say is WOW :freak:

Your Airbrushing/weathering skills are awsome, it looks like it just came out of battle!

I hope soon to tackle Corran Horns X-Wing with Green stripes and "Cor-Sec" markings as it had when he entered Rogue Squadron. :)

Please keep those pictures and weathering hints (I too love the peeled paint look...rubber cement?) comming! :wave:

Thanks for sharing!
Bryan

·
Cautiously Optimistic
5,017 Posts
Please feel free to elaborate on your weathering techniques, Rel. You're giving Lasse Henning a run for his money.

Did I mention it was very nice?

R

·
0 Posts
The peeled/chipped paint effect really sells that weathering job.
Top notch stuff as always !

Go easy

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks. I started on the wings and stuff now, here's a pic of the fuse again, I put some blast marks and did a little more on the weathering etc.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm needing to finish this one up in the next day or so since it was paid for several months ago LOL. So I got out the rest of the parts this morning, primered them and now have a basic weathering coat on them.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Carson Dyle said:
Very nice, as usual.

Forgive if this question has been asked before, but which masking medium do you use to simulate paint peel? The results are outstanding.
Liquid latex.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This is where I am now, the guns and engines aren't attached for shipping reasons.

·
Starship Class
11,863 Posts
Wow! :eek:

That cockpit is to die for! Great detailing there as well as the incredible paint job!

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Hmmph! Not bad, I guess.

OK, it's freaking stunning!! I always look forward to your post, REL. That's some mighty fine modeling.

The added bonus is it pushes me to be a better modeler. So kudos on the motivational work you do!

·
Cautiously Optimistic
5,017 Posts
Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy....

;)

:thumbsup:

Sure wish I'd known about t5his model when it was still available.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts