Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I've got a question for you...
I've started developing a small 1/24 collection over the last 8 months or so composed of some of my favorite cars of all time... most of which involve Mr. Shelby.
My question is whether or not two cars exist in 1/24 form. Does anybody know of a 1/24 Shelby Cobra Concept or 1/24 Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe, and if so what brand made them?
Thanks for any help! :wave:

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Don't quote me on this Mike, but seems like Maisto might have made the Cobra concept. Perhaps others can tell you for sure.

·
Registered
8,442 Posts
I'm gonna go with Crafty on this one... It seems to me I did pick up and look at a Masito Shelby Cobra concept at a Target store awhile back... I'm thinking it was a funky color green... It was only 6 bucks... I have looked at soooo many lately, I wish I could remember for sure !!! Best of luck !!!

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Hi All,

I did some research and I don't believe that the '04 Shelby Cobra Concept was ever done in 1:24. I have the 1:18 AUTOArt version and I know that Mini-Champs did a 1:43 version. But I cannot find any reference to a 1:24 being done. If by chance I do come across one, I will let you all know.

Take care and good luck on your search and on your 1:24 collection.

Scott

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi All,

I did some research and I don't believe that the '04 Shelby Cobra Concept was ever done in 1:24. I have the 1:18 AUTOArt version and I know that Mini-Champs did a 1:43 version. But I cannot find any reference to a 1:24 being done. If by chance I do come across one, I will let you all know.

Take care and good luck on your search and on your 1:24 collection.

Scott
Thank you Scott!

I'm guessing you guys were probably thinking of the Shelby Series 1, which both Maisto and Bburago have done.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
To the best of my knowldge, Ford Shelby Cobra Concept was never made in 1/24.

1 Badd Ride did make a 1/24 Ford Shelby GR-1 concept (Cobra concept's sister car) - it was of mediocre quality and came in several colors - grey, black, blue, and red, I think.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
I've never come across the Cobra Concept in 1:24. The Autoart 1:64 version comes in three colors and is very nicely done.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts