Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any info on the 1/24 for 07?

Hoping the rumors might be true.....
1/24 spoliers/zingers and black with flames?

So far i love the line. I have almost all of the 1/24 wl's.

Hoping this series makes it. Since it seems here in dallas. that tru/walmart no longer carry this series. :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
Nothing from them yet? I asked my rep a week ago and she did not know either. Great line, I hope it continues as well.

Russ

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Milezone said:
Nothing from them yet? I asked my rep a week ago and she did not know either.

Russ
Speaking as a sales professional myself, that's pretty sad...... did she at least try to find out anything and get back to you?

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
From what I have seen, they are mainly focused on the 1/64th regular and pop culture (Coke, et al) series as well as the el cheapo plastic rip racers / cords, whatever they're called. No indications of whether or not they will continue with Street Freaks series or even the 1/24th or 1/18th scales at this time.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Stock Car and Funny Car Legends would sure fit nicely in this size. Plus the introduction of new series' like Pro Stock and Trans Am Legends... ;-)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
where are the 1/24's

I asked the tru manager yesterday if they were going to sell the 1/24 line anymore. She said probably not since they clearenced so many of them!

I did notice that tru rearranged the store and jl only has four pegs instead of 8-10. I went to another tru and they had done the same thing.

This sucks i love the 1/24 line. I was hoping it would take off. The detail is amazing. For the price.

I also have noticed that targets stopped selling the 1/24's, but super target hasnt. I guess i will keep buying the wl's via ebay and the local toy show.

The one bright spot is the secoundary markets prices have fallen. I can buy most 1/24 wl's for under 30.00... :thumbsup:

Who knows maybe biglots will get them next year for 9.99?

:wave:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well?

Well i have searched all over the net and so far no info for 2007. Im really hopin that their will be new 1/24 in 2007.

I did score a yellow charger wl and a red nova wl at the local toy show. Both for $50.00. Yeah! Thats cheap too me . No looking, no wasting gas.

If you live in the dallas area. We have a monthly diecast show. The wls' are really cheap. Most under 15.00 bucks. The collectors here in dallas are mainly after stupid hw th's.. So you might want to check it out.

Its the 2nd sat of each month. Its at the regal rd and 183. Its the high rise hotel near texas stadium. Were useally on the secound floor. Their are around 30+ vendors. Hot wheels-Johnny Lightnings-Nascar-Baseball cards-Toys.

The hotel is the sterling hotel.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Man, I hope JL keeps making 1/24s. I have all of them so far.

I think it's currently the best value in diecast, even at the $13.24 price (as long as you can find one with minimal paint defects!)

Once you actually hold one in your hand, it's hard to believe that such high quality and value are even possible in a mass-produced item. (21st century manufacturing is so cool.)

One of our WMs clearanced them for $8, the other still has them on the shelves in a regular price area.

Target cleared them out last summer for $8 also. (I bought a bunch of duplicates, 'cause they are especially great for that price.)

I think that the cardboard packaging obscures too much of the cars from the view of prospective buyers. A full poly display box would have been a better way to go. (Hey, I shoulda been in marketing!)

I used to build plastic models, but now I can buy a fully finished, fully metal diecast 1/24 for about the same price as a new unfinished plastic kit. What's not to love?

(I do still plan on building plastic kits someday, probably when I retire and can devote many continuous hours and some permanent room space to hobby projects. Still looking forward to that!)

I can't believe that these JL 1/24s aren't way more popular than they seem to be...apparently most of the people who would love to own them don't know that they exist.

I know that those folks are out there somewhere, 'cause it's an exceptional product value (except for those annoying paint defects that you gotta be vigilant about.)

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
This was a great line for us as well, so will hate to see it go. :-( But so far still nothing about the 24 scale line for 2007.

Russ

·
Registered
51 Posts
I think the non-tampo 1/24's have been very nice so far. I would hate to see them put out a line of Zingers though. A TransAm series or stock car legends series would be interesting - just don't skimp on the quality RC2 no matter what you do.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I would be extremely disappointed if JL dropped the 1/24 line. I have several of each, many of which I buy just to support the line (and to customize). They really are a terrific value, and I was really looking forward to some new subjects for the collection.

If worse comes to worse, if they're not going to do any more of these, at least give us prepainted AMT kits

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
Ok guys talked to my rep and she is not saying they are not doing the line. It just has not been announced yet. ;-) So it looks like we still have a chance at the line going into 2007. :) (Fingers Crossed)

Russ

·
Registered
49 Posts
For whatever reason, the local Target's still have the 1/24's on the planogram and are still getting in stock. Nothing new at WM, while TRU clearanced them out a while ago.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
I also hope they continue the 1/24 cars ... I bought a bunch of them ... Too bad the 50's cars they planned didnt make it . They only did 1 release of the 51 Studebaker & 57 Ford sedan delivery was only done once as a Coke truck ...

·
Lookout the Mac is Back!!
8,413 Posts
Here are the first few releases scheduled

1970 Dodge Challenger T/A- Sublime Green
1966 Chevy Nova SS- Artesian Green
1969 Chevy Chevelle SS396- Monaco Orange

1965 Ford Mustang- Wimbledon White
1969 Chevy Nova SS- Cortez Silver
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T- Plum Crazy

1970 Plymouth Superbird- Alpine White
1964 Ford Thunderbolt- Gloss Black
Dukes of Hazzard General Lee- TV show packaging

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Good series. I don't have the space to collect them, but they are sharp looking. Might have to get a 70 Super Bee if they ever make one.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts