Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a possible project in mind in the future, and I was wondering if anybody had any pictures of the 1970 Challenger Convertible in 1/24 by Maisto.
The main things I am wondering about are how the proportions of the model look and how detailed is the engine bay and interior.
I plan to do an in depth custom, however based on 1/24 Maisto's before I am hesitant to snag one of these. Any help would be greatly appreciated! :wave:

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did a full review of this car here: http://www.spencer1984.com/review/maisto_1970challenger.php.

The short version is, I wasn't terribly impressed. It would probably look pretty decent with a lot of cleanup, but I don't know as I'd consider it an ideal base for an in-depth custom.
Awesome!!! That's what I was looking for :D My only other question for you or anyone else that can answer it, is the engine separate from the engine bay? One of the things I would probably be doing is a full engine swap. Thank you!

·
Registered
673 Posts
Sorry, no luck on the engine - it's cast as part of the inner fenders, and the chassis is a single piece that includes the bottom of the engine.

Overall, yes - it's not really terrible, I've just seen nicer work in the same price range (including several cars from Maisto). For a really good inexpensive 1/24 diecast Challenger, Revell's Vanishing Point car is my favorite. If you really want a Challenger drop top for a custom project, I'd recommend using AMT's plastic model kit.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry, no luck on the engine - it's cast as part of the inner fenders, and the chassis is a single piece that includes the bottom of the engine.
That's what the jeweler's saw is for :D
Thanks for the info. on everything. I like to use the model kits to modify existing 1/24's simply because of the weight and durability of the diecast cars.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts