Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I thought I'd share a build up I've been doing this week while waiting on more supplies to arrive. This is the Salzo Hero X Wing, it's a beautiful kit and the detail is amazing, I'm having a lot of fun building this one up. This is Red 3, Bigg's bird.

It doesn't have lights or anything.. You can see all the pics at the link.

http://sovereignreplicas.com/xwing.htm

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's made by Panavise, I think you can get them on their site at Panavise.com, look under CCTV.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I like the weathering :thumbsup:

·
Registered
157 Posts
That is a really neat model. I think it is fine without a whole lot of lights...even the ones in the movie were mostly dark, except for a few scenes where aft end of the engines were visible. The sheer size and detal of the model, along with your excellent paint job, speaks for itself!

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you. It's the Salzo X Wing, I'm not sure of the price as I got this one in a trade.

Got all the basic weathering done.

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
Awesome!! First thing that grabbed my interest, is the cockpit, WOW! Got the weathering looking real fine.

One question. In the 1st photo,I saw the Coca-Cola TM can. Where on the model does it go? :confused: :tongue:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Thanx for the help Rel I found the site no problem, now if I could just find a way to get one to Canada. Great job on the X-wing it looks great, at first glance I find it looks like the lights in the cockpit do light up.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Impressive...most impressive....

"I've lost R2!!!" "Waaaaa...."

Will the R2 unit be a unique color scheme since this is not Luke's ship?

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This one has a black and white R2. It's finished, I just need to paint the pilot tomorrow and it's shipped off to the client. The wings aren't attached for shipping purposes.

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Did you use Tamiya Smoke to do the weathering? It's a first rate airbrushing job however you did it!

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Thanks.

Philip, I used thinned down flat black to do the weathering streaks and blast marks, then used acrylic "Oily black" mixed with acrylic neon orange for the rusted out area's.

that R2 was one of the smallest things I've ever masked.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts