Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've finally gotten around to taking some pics of this WIP. I'm doing a replica of my best friends 95 Mustang Cobra. Most of the stuff I have on the diecast are things he already has done to the car, but a few of the others are stuff he intends to do such as the engine and the red inserts on the interior. I did some in depth detailing on the interior including adding seatbelt's and buckles. I'll keep updating this thread as I go through the project...

Interior:

Under body and side with wiring for lights:

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
You might have noticed the lights sticking up in the engine bay area. That's to replicate the red lights that him and I put inside the hood on the real one (no he doesn't drive with them on).

Here's the real hood after detailing it and adding the lights:

Now onto the engine:
I painted the intake manifold plaque for him and here's the before and afters of the real thing:

And here's the 1/24 engine that I'm working on to go in the car:

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
That is so cool...

Seeing the wiring laid out for the lights and the distributor cap make me realize just how much my customs are lacking. Very nice work. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Well it's about time for an update on this one. I've got the wiring all completed so I have operational lights :D the engine is getting close to being ready to put in the car and have the final details completed. I still need to place the door panels on the car, and then clean it up with some wax.

Base:

I have to give a shout out here to Joe at Joeblown customs. If you look closely at the engine I've got boots on the spark plug wires. I stumbled across his website, http://joeblown.com/ and asked him how he had done some of the details... not only did he tell me how, but he sent me a sample of some of the wires he uses for boots so I could find more. Great guy with some real talent! Thanks Joe! :thumbsup:
Engine:

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Little bit of an update on this one. I have the engine installed with the exception of radiator hoses and minor detailing to the intake and top end. I am at a dead end though the way I have my LED's wired sucks the battery dry like in a day because of using 2 different types of LED's with no resistors (at least I think that's the problem) so if any of you have any suggestions and I will also be posting this one up in the model lighting forum...

Here's where all the wiring comes together:

Thanks for looking :wave:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts