Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all:

Here's my recently finished 1/20 Torvosaurus sculpted by Shane Foulkes. Torvosaurus was a large (possibly up to 36' long predator from the Jurassic) It is a lovely kit! Took way too long to finish, but I've been a bit busy with work lately. I used 5mm taxidermy eyes, though I might have been able to get away with 4mm. There are more dry brushed highlights on the model than show up in the close-up below, but you can still see the detail work Shane put into this sculpt.

Comments are welcome!

And one more picture, featuring not only the Torvosaurus, but also a contemporary theropod who didn't want to leave when I perched him there.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Great work - you've got quite a distinctive 'dinosaur style' of colour scheme and base, always great to see. I like the ferns on the base too.

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
Very nice paint job on him. kind of inspires me on doing my Dino alligator!

Happy Aurora Trails!
Chinxy!
:dude:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Dr Brad,
an outstanding paint job. You have balanced bold and subtle colours together expertly. This is one of the best dino builds I have seen! Thanks for posting the pictures.

Clactonite

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the comments guys. One of the things I like about this sculpt is that it's not a typical "roaring predator" pose. Shane really did a good job on it.

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Really great paint job on that one. Did you paint the parrot too??? As Ian said, not a dino guy myself but I definitely enjoying a dino done as good as you did this one.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts