Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Made by Road Signature (who I've never heard of before). It's very nicely detailed with all the correct decals, proportions are dead on. Sorry, my cam doesn't take good close ups. The windshield is popped out at the base, I'm afraid to break the frame getting it back in. I love the big old Buicks in big scale so I bought it flawed anyway. That's a 1/18 Buick Y-Job showcar from the 30's to the left. Hope ya'll likey!

Craig

·
Registered
66 Posts
I like that one . I have a few pace cars . I sould get back to getting them. i have about
12 1/18 18 1/24 25 1/64 & the 1/12 Mustang

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Sweet '59! Is it an Invicta or a LeSabre?
The y Job must be cool too, never seen it in scale.
The real one was way ahead of it's time. Harley Earl was the MAN!!!

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
Those horizontal fins are just wild!! My aunt & uncle had a '59. Probably a Lesabre. I remember it was white, not sure if it was a 2 or 4 door.

Nice pace car!:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Sweet '59! Is it an Invicta or a LeSabre?
The y Job must be cool too, never seen it in scale.
The real one was way ahead of it's time. Harley Earl was the MAN!!!
Actually, the pace car is an Electra 225. Yes, Harley was the Man!!! I bought the Y-Job at an estate sale, no box, no markings on the standard looking base either. The car says Racing Champions/Ertl on the underside. The licence plate says; Mich Pass Exp 8-31-38, 73679

I need a new camera!

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Road Signature is also known as Road Legends & Yatming . They have produced under several names . I have the 66 Comet Pace car they made .

·
Registered
842 Posts
Haven't seen the '59 Buick Pace Car before. I have the Yat Ming early version '59 Buick convertible in a Lavender Metallic color.

Yat Ming has come quite a long way in terms of quality, especially with their SIGNATURE SERIES. The 1/18 scale Signature Series is their top-of-the-line series, usually including a commemorative 24 carat gold plated coin with the model.

These 1/18s are nice:

1961 Chrysler Imperial Crown Convertible
1946 Ford Sportsman
1956 Lincoln Continental Mark II
1962 Oldsmobile Starfire
1958 Studebaker Golden Hawk
1961 Lincoln Continental

In the same series are some excellent 1/24 scale vintage fire engines.

If you like older, and sometimes, obscure model cars, Yat Ming comes through pretty well with detail and quality at a budget to modest pricepoint.

THAT Buick Y-Job is a real beauty!
Congrats on the find!
Sadly, that is one Buick sorely missing from my collection of Buicks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts