Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm usually a car guy, but I've always loved naval warships, especially battleships. I was at Hobby Lobby last year and found these 1/1200 kits for the Bismarck and the Enterprise. I love capturing as much detail as I can in small kits so I snagged them up.

I've slowly been working on the Bismarck and this is what I've got.

This was after spraying the major parts.

I masked off the ship and spray painted the black and white camo on. After that I went back and have slowly been working my way back hand painting the deck.

This weekend I will begin the detail spraying of the hull (waterline and camo).

Thanks for looking :wave:

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looking forward to seeing more. What do you think of the Bismarck kit?
I love it, but I don't have any other model ships to compare it too. I have found a few little inaccuracies to the real ship from my research (I'm not following the painting guide with the model, I'm looking up pictures and other models), but the ones I have found are not big deals to me.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the comments! I got a tiny bit more work done on her last night. I'm hoping to make a lot more progress this weekend though.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the compliments!

Made a little more progress...

The end seems so close, but there is a great deal of tedious work to be done still. I found a great site with lots of up close pictures of the Bismarck:
http://www.bismarck-class.dk/index.html

I will be going through and adding all the portholes as well as adding the rigging and a couple flags.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Looking really nice there and I must say you picked a pretty small kit to start with.. but from your other posts you seem to like the intricate detail work. By the way, where do you mount the 429 side oiler?

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
And a few more pictures...

Here's the ship with a quarter for size reference along with a couple Japanese 1/2500 Bismarck ships.

Thanks for looking :wave:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts