Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a year ago I was admiring all the great kit bashes that John P has created and I wondered if I could do something that could come anywhere near as neat as his.

I wanted to make a TOS-esque version of the USS Stargazer, so I set out with my 1k TOS kit and a bunch of for sale signs and I cobbled together this:

It wasn't much and I made alot of first time mistakes, I had no idea what I was getting into and then a month later we moved to Kansas......

The model sat as it was, only a saucer section for ages. Then I thought, well I want to just finish it. So I started working on it harder over the months. I tried various versions with 2 nacells, 4 nacelles but it seemed off.

I wanted a "test" version of a ship that would evolve into the Constellation class upon TMP era. So it got 3 nacelles.

I am pretty proud of my little ship. There is some pretty good decal silvering from the kit decals, but the ones from JT worked great.

Here it is guys: The USS Apollo

(Sorry about crappy outside pictures....I'll take some better ones later)

A Stable-mate

·
Registered
571 Posts
Well done. Interesting idea making it a tri-nacelled ship, I also like the creative use of the kit-supplied stand as a pylon.

That pilot E looks really, really nice too. :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts