Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
I found this interesting...

Another little change I made from the 1/350 kit was to have the chiller grills (I think that’s what you call them- the copper colored half football shaped grills on the sides of the nacelles) be made separate pieces as well so they can also be painted separately and inserted after all other painting is done. I hope this helps you guys out.
Why yes, It does help us out - immensely! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Quote: Another little change I made from the 1/350 kit was to have the chiller grills (I think that’s what you call them- the copper colored half football shaped grills on the sides of the nacelles) be made separate pieces as well so they can also be painted separately and inserted after all other painting is done. I hope this helps you guys out.

Of all the pieces on the 1:350 refit that I wished had been separate for easier painting, that one is at the top of my list so I think that's a very thoughtful change to make. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
It's nice to see thoughtful tooling. Well done!

... and the ball 'n' socket stand looks good. I'll buy a couple of these babies.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I can't wait to see it painted and decals.

I want to compliment Round 2 on their wonderful job and attention to detail on the Star Trek model kits. Keep up the good work!

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
the ball-and-socket concerns me. What if it's loose or gets loose?

·
Registered
164 Posts
I suppose if it got loose you could snap the ball out and put some thin CA on the ball and let it dry. 1-2 coats might just increase the balls diameter enough to make it snug again

·
Premium Member
8,334 Posts
Very nice! :thumbsup:

I might have missed this in previous threads about this kit, but is the shuttle bay going to be included for an open display? Or is it going to be a closed display? It's not a deal killer for me or anything, just curious to know.

·
Oxidation Genius
31,368 Posts
Hm. I don't really like the stand. I'd be happier with a straight "model on a stick" approach, without that ungainly mechanism right under the model. But that's my only negative comment at all. The rest: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
The kit that PL should have done while they had the chance! YES! This will be a much-anticipated and hot-selling kit! Nice idea about the warp engine pieces going to be made separate and installable from the outside. Very ingenious, actually. Maybe even head-slapping "Why didn't anyone think of this before?!?" kind of stroke of inspiration!

A friend of mine will be buying a case of them and will probably be splitting it w/me. That ought to do it for me, with the backlog I've got! I have in mind 3 ships for sure that I'd like to do in the cruiser configuration.

·
Registered
255 Posts

I might have missed this in previous threads about this kit, but is the shuttle bay going to be included for an open display? Or is it going to be a closed display? It's not a deal killer for me or anything, just curious to know.

I recall PL/R2 saying that there will be no shuttle bay.

I can hardly wait for this kit!

Gordon

·
Registered
477 Posts

Based on this pictures on their web site, it appears that the shuttlebay is closed:
http://www.collectormodel.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/img_2279.jpg
The bay doors are visible in the lower right below the deflector dish and above the secondary hull and warp pylons.
The picture does not show an open door piece or any shuttle bay or shuttle craft parts

·
Oxidation Genius
31,368 Posts
The Alliance resin kit has a detailed shuttle bay with a choice of open or closed doors. Same scale.

·
Premium Member
8,334 Posts
Thanks for the responses, fellas.

The Alliance kit is fantastic and I love the fact it's got the optional shuttlebay. Was just curious to know if the upcoming release had the same.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts