Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
"Pontiac Historical Services" documented???

So what, he's completely redone and butchered the car.... its no better (to me anyway) than if somebody took a Tempest and made it a GTO clone.

If somebody wants to preach "Pontiac Historical Services" documented, it should be at least a numbers matching car with all original equipment - restored or un-restored, but not different engine, transmission, wheels, etc..... that kind of thing just makes me go DUH!!

Nice car, just not original so no need to put the "Pontiac Historical Services" line in there. unless he has the original motor, transmission and wheels sitting in the garage... otherwise it can NEVER be put back to a place where its any better than a clone to me.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Nice car! It's cool to see the car that modeled for JL. I have a copy of that JL, opened of course to play on my board game.

Thanks for pointing it out! I would love to get behind the wheel and run 'er thru the gears. Reminds me in ways of the '68 I had, but mine had the hideaway lights which I like the appearance of better.

I would think that the "Pontiac Historical Services" would serve to describe the car as an original GTO and what it had when purchased. That would serve highlight what was done to give it more "muscle" than Pontiac offered off the production line.
I've talked about this subject with my friend that owns a body shop and is currently restoring a '69 Camaro with the RS/SS package. He's been to a lot of car shows and observed that a lot more attention and applause is given to cars that took next step to give it exceptional paint and performance. There's a place for historically accurate cars, but a lot can also be said about the labor of love to artfully and mechanically take a car beyond production limitations to a fuller realization of the core inspiration behind what a muscle car is all about.

G

·
I agree about "upgrading" cars to a better place. But don't flog me with "Pontiac Historical Service" after you have done all the mods, original is original and once you have lost the original parts forever, there is no going back..... again, I see it in the same way I would if it had started out life as a Tempest and then had GTO parts and the 428/4 speed added.... a real nice and fun to drive car, but not anything to shake the "Historical" stick at

1 - 9 of 9 Posts