Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chose the Ferrari to replicate first not because I'm big on Ferrari but because it looked the easiest and I had the most info on it. Want to do Webber's Red Bull....BUT DAAAAANG! The livery is unreal. "Crawl before you run." Anyway did a bit of cutting, detailing and decaling. Changed the wheels but really need something better. I'm looking.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Great job -- probably the least expensive Ferrari F1 car on the planet! <g> I agree that the wheels have to go -- maybe try to track down some Bridgestone IndyCar wheels that Mr. John found?

Thanks,
Rick V.

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found a Lionheart Indy but I only found one. Something like that has a staggared wheel size and I'd need two more 'cause the one I have is....WAIT FOR IT.....Going to stay in the blister :eek: But wheels like that would be the answer...........:rolleyes:

TO THE FLEA MARKETS !!!!! :roll:

·
Registered
438 Posts
I knew that I had seen it hanging on a peg somewhere, but figured that Mattel had given it some dopey name . . . OpenWheelThrillerKillerNotFerrari, or somethin' like that. Thanks for the refresher!

Cheers,
Rick V.

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
but figured that Mattel had given it some dopey name . . . OpenWheelThrillerKillerNotFerrari, or somethin' like that.
Cheers,
Rick V.
Nope...Just those "dopey" wheels. I can see making another 2011 or 2012 F1. I'd really like to do Webber's Red Bull but gosh! What a complicated livery.

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wanted to run this up the flag pole one more time since I got a set of rain tyres for it. Wheels still aren't accurate but ya make do with what'cha got.

·
Registered
438 Posts
A real improvement! F1 cars have smaller wheels/taller sidewalls than most of the hot street cars these days! I think these capture the right look even though not totally accurate.

Cheers,
Rick V.

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Saw on the Greyhound bus thread some really accurate slot car wheels....Are they too small to work on 1/64 scale like this?

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
A real improvement! F1 cars have smaller wheels/taller sidewalls than most of the hot street cars these days! I think these capture the right look even though not totally accurate.

Cheers,
Rick V.
Right on, good eye in pointing that out. These are looking pretty nice!

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Painting the centers gunmetal grey made them vague enough to where they were usable.

Still wondering about those slot car wheels would size out...And I guess tires too?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts