Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 287 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, it' finally time to get started talking about the carpet racing season!!

The first race day will be Test & Tune on October 3rd.

The biggest change we are going to see the year will be entry fees. We've been able to keep our entry fees the same for five years but unfortunatly costs have increased to the point that an increase is needed. So, the entry fee will be $12 and $8 for each additional class. With that out of the way, on to the racing.

This year we need to keep things simple and stick with what worked last year and do our best to make the racing and the race days fun for everyone. I'd really like to keep the number of classes to a minimum and have more entries in them. It would be awesome to have "B" mains in all classes so you are actually racing to make the "A" versus just a spot on the grid in the main. Here's what I'm looking at to start.

Sportsman 17.5: ROAR approved 17.5s & 3.7v Lipos and NASCAR truck bodies
Super Stock 13.5: ROAR approved 13.5s & 3.7v Lipos and NASCAR COT bodies
Super Stock 21.5: Same as last year, BRL Specs, NOVAK 21.5ss and SMC 3200mah 28C only
LOSI Mini Latemodel Spec: Box stock, Losi hop-ups only, Stock ESC or Durtrax Auto-Sport ESC #DTXM1055, 6-cell NiMh or LOSI 1650mah Lipo #LOSB9833 only, Premounted Losi tires only
LOSI Mini Latemodel Open: B/L 6000kv Max, 6-cell NiMh or LOSB9833 Lipo only, rubber tires only

Of course we can run other classes but, as I said earlier, I'd like to run fewer classes with more entries in each. If we can get more than four cars each and every week, any new class will be viable, but consistant entries are the key. Don't get me wrong, more entries are what we want but, diluting the racing is not what we need.

The schedule for this year will be different than in the past. Our BRL race will be the only two-day race we have this year. Instead we are going to have a series similar to our Offroad Summer Series, the PLEX Winter Carpet Series. We will have one race a month starting the first weekend in November. Oval will have practice Friday evening and race Saturday and Onroad will practice Saturday evening and race Sunday. Five races total and your best four will count towards the championship. Also, the last race in March will be the finals and points will be multiplied by 1 1/2 for the last race! The schedule is set thru the end of the year, the first two PLEX Winter Carpet Series race weekends will be November 7th & 8th and December 5th & 6th, our BRL oval race date is December 11th - 13th and regular racing on all other weekends thru December 20th. The 2010 part of the schedule is still a bit tentative at this point. We will be hosting a TCS race around the end of January, beginning of February, three more PLEX Winter Carpet Series races, the PLEX Enduro and possibly a two-day onroad race.

So it's time to start gearing up for a great season of racing and some serious fun!!!

See you at the track!:thumbsup:

Tim Ski

·
Registered
840 Posts
Tim,

The guys at I-80 are thinking we need a 1/10 late model transmission class to race this winter. I will copy and paste Brinks' outlaw late model rules on here to help you out. (if that is ok with you?)

thanks
Bryon

·
Registered
840 Posts
here is the rules that Brinks' and Teas have posted from last year. I vote if they change thier rules we match them.. Also, since this is a carpet track "Foams only"

Outlaw Late Model:- Motors: Any motor may be used (brushless motors are allowed). - Batteries: No restrictions (Lithium batteries are allowed) - Transmission: 1 speed only. May be a Gear Box transmission or Direct Drive. Spur gear may be exposed. Must use a gear cover to cover the spur gear & the pinion gear if a rear motor mount is used.- Drive Train: 2 wheel drive - Chassis: Any chassis is allowed.- Tires: Foam tires. Foam tires must have a minimum 1/4” sidewall (see general rules for more foam tire info). - Bodies: Must resemble a real dirt late model. - Side air dams: No side air dams are allowed.- Maximum Length: 22” - Maximum Width: 11” - Wheelbase: Minimum - 9.0” - Wheelbase: Maximum – 11.5”
- Spoiler Chord Max (length of rear spoiler): 2.25" this includes the molded in lip at the rear of the body, or we can use DODC spoiler rules.
- Weight: Minimum 52oz. (including battery).

·
Registered
203 Posts
Tires: Foam tires. Foam tires must have a minimum 1/4” sidewall (see general rules for more foam tire info).

?
Hell they start getting good at that point.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am ready to get started, #6 should be back this year in 21.5.

"A bad day at the track is better than a good day at work."

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What are the limits on 1 cell batteries? How many mah and discharge rate?
We are following BRL rules so any ROAR legal 3.7v battery.

- Super Stock 13.5 / 1 cell Lipo – This class will follow TOUR rules and use COT bodies (Protoform or McAllister) with any 13.5 brushless motor and single cell Lipo which is ROAR approved on or before October 1st, 2009. Motors or batteries approved after that date will not be legal during the 2009-2010 season.

Tim Ski

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If the entry fees is going up does that mean the payout will be more...Just messin with ya Tim:wave:
Actually, it should! The payout are all based off a percentage of the entry fees and the actual number of entries in the class over the point series.:thumbsup:

Tim Ski

1 - 20 of 287 Posts