Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a good day at the flea market. I think I melted a little, but got some good stuff. Spent about $25 total on 22 cars and an extra random little guy.

Maroon Darda Mustang, white Rabbit GTI Turbo Trickster (Penny Racer) with an opening sunroof, GMC truck AFX slot car that is nearly mint aside from the cleanly broken off roll cage, modified Pinto TCR slot car. I had the set with this car as a kid and stupidly got rid of it.

White MB 68 Cobra Jet with rubber tires, red MB weird Fire Chief car.

Yellow Maisto Baja Bug, light green Tonka Bug, metallic green JL 71 Hemi Cuda, red Fast 111s Camaro Z28 shooting brake, metallic red Maisto VW Squareback. Does anyone who has this Cuda, or any other mid 90s JL have an idea what the weird slot behind the front wheels is for?

Blue and orange HW I Candy, blue and yellow McDonald's HW Brutalistic with pop up rear, black and blue McDonald's HW Swagblaster, neon green HW Sizzler Live Wire (missing a rear wheel), purple and orange HW torpedo Slider, orange HW Wild Thing.

Black HW 55 Ford panel van, red HW Cat A Pult, blue HW 300Z, white HW Ferrari 288 GTO.

Kubelwagen with mounted gun. The mechanic driver appears to belong but the guy on the gun looks like a modern US soldier. He was included so I didn't complain. The separate guy with goggles has a outfit that almost makes him look like he should have a rocket pack or something.

·
Banned
4,640 Posts
the slot was used for racing on cetain track sets, the hook would catch the slot and shoot the car forward around the track.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the slot was used for racing on cetain track sets, the hook would catch the slot and shoot the car forward around the track.
Yup. I had the TCR pinless set as a kid and played with plenty of normal slot car sets at friend's houses. I picked up the GMC because it looks awesome and 50 cents for a clean working slot car is ridiculous. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts