Hobbyist Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Kat...a great review. I had a great time myself. All of my problems were with the driver of my ride. Boylan does an incredible job all year, then tops it all off with the Snowbirds. This year by far was the most organized, the smoothest and the most rest I have ever gotten at this event. The Thunder crew is awesome. Thanks to all of you for your help and support. Something else that was awesome----Doc Love broadcasting our hobby, our Snowbirds thoughout the listening area? Nope... across the internet so it can be heard around the world. Thanks Doc for the incredible coverage on Outlaw Radio!
A very special thanks for all of the help from Rich Baran. If it wasn't for Rich, I probably would not still be in this hobby.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
John B, watched you race all weekend....nice job on the wheel! Barry @ Hyperdrive came by the room Sun. night and said "that boy can wheel the H*ll out of a car". Your passion and desire to succeed will continue to inspire and drive others to work harder to become better at whatever they may try.

Thanks to Barry at Hdrive for an awesome Pro3, EA for the batts n HP, and Derrick Robbins for the setup n tire help all weekend. Winning the C in Sprtsman 19T after 4 yr. layoff was a real surpise and a testament to the help I had (certainly not my driving, LOL). Thanks to Mike B and the whole crew for an awsome race and smooth show. Best ever!!

Scott

·
Registered
234 Posts
As a first timer I want to start by congratulating the whole TRC crew. All sported smiles and were courteous which made it alot easier on the newbie.

Couple pointers:

- I still have my coupon for the raffle, didn't know where and when it was being given away.

- who won concourse?

- Bump up was a great idea.

- 4 qualifiers was a great idea.

- the practices by heat were a good indication of were you stood against the competition, but it does not allow for car-changes. So maybe only 1 and having it between round 2 and round 3 would be more appropriate. And changing the time slot to controlled practice would be more appropriate.

- open practice was sick. Mod, 19T, stock, sprint and trucks together. Ouch. How many cars got destroyed that way? After a day or so, mod drivers started pulling together groups. Let's keep this for next year. line up by speed (multi lines). Chuck sorts out how many groups of each row go out before the next group.-

- smooth track and great crew to fix the rips and ripples (after the transitions) and cleaning up of the ice.

- great having rcresults to follow laps and heats

- superb in-room tv standings and ontrack images. maybe one change, have the track picture bigger than the standings/running order. But please keep the "current race number" available.

- great having a walkie-talkie to listen to the trackside info

- idiots using the call button on channel 3

- hotel rooms were filty

- towels were short most of the time

- people walking away with frequency clips (#82 as an example) was stupid and not returning it was even more stupid

- the super ball incident was stupid

- mod feature race was awsome.

- racing 3 classes was a handfull.

- wishe I attended all trophy presentations.

- trophy girls were... cool and beautiful

- Tony Stewart Helmet was great

M.P.
Montreal, Canada

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Well I would have to agree with most of what you said Mr Fish.

It was great to see all of the East Coast crew. And see Sonny Brown since I only see him once a year now.

I also thought 4300 was a great class and intend to get on board soon.

Baddog sales were slow but Mike did not expect much do to the great deals the manufactures have.

19T needs to be one class. The Sportsman class has lost its original intent.

I do think a breakout class may be a nice addition for the rookies who are intimadated by the Pros. I will not enter that class personaly. But there should be something.

I thought the hyper drive car was cool also. The full kit is one of the best I have seen since the KSG came out. I am dying to get one of those shocks on my car. I am also impressed with the KSG Gen2.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Brad Sousa said:
katfish, i was not at the birds but i have noticed that these newer batches of cells have been venting alot not sure why there not over heating and i hear them hissing most of the time 1 cell in a pack. nothing oozing from them yet but what is going on? anyone else seeing this more and more? thanks
Brad Sousa
Team
Voodoo cells
Lightspeed racing motors
Finishline racing products
Beefy products
i have not had any cells vent!!!!

·
Registered
6,234 Posts
I thought with the newer batch or the last 2 batches they fixed or worked on that prob, but 3 batches ago I did have an issue with 2 packs one cell out of each pack did vent but no oozing, keep an eye on them, over heating is mostly the issue went venting.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts