·
2011 VW NB Final Edition
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From Mark Hosaflook...

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
...and for $4.50 more you get a metal base and rubber tires. And therin lies the canyon of difference of what you get for that 5 bucks.

Case well stated. I salute.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
VelocityArts said:
...and for $4.50 more you get a metal base and rubber tires. And therin lies the canyon of difference of what you get for that 5 bucks.

Case well stated. I salute.

:thumbsup:
Maybe the metal base but the blue casting which is the more expensive of the two also runs on hard plastic wheels. Granted the .50 MM was given a new pair of shoes but from what I have heard regarding production costs, barbells with rubber tires is less than a nickel upgrade.

I would venture to guess that if a casting on the right could be made like that for under 1.00 even with a plastic base, that it would do very, VERY well!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
10,980 Posts
Turn that car into a bug with rubber wheels and I'll buy one of every color! at $1.00 apeice! And probably get some extras as traiders or customs!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Dear All:

Another Manufacturer which raised this question was Realtoy.Just see how it went: they started,as Welly,as a model-copying manufacturer;a small time later,their cars are very well detailed (to the point of different chassis and interior details per model) at a price of $ .89. The Wellys,too,and these been sold at Walgreens at an astonishing $ .50 per car. Motormax is not different,as the picture above shows. Hence,to my view,they are an excellent value for their price.

What makes one wonder for how long Johnny Lightning will be around.The basement models are catching up in quality and detail.

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,828 Posts
Stopped by Wal Greens the other day and picked up a Maisto circa 80's Trans Am and a real nice Porsche Boxster. Got both for $1.00.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts