HO Scale Buildings and Scenery - HobbyTalk

HobbyTalk Forum for Diecast Collectors, Modelers, Slot Cars, & Radio Control
Home Forums Photo Album RC TrackFinder Catalog Donation/HobbyTalk Supporter

Welcome to the HobbyTalk forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us. Forgotten your password? Click here!

NOTE: Once you register and are logged in this welcome section will no longer be visible.

Go Back   HobbyTalk > Slot Cars > Slot Car Track Building
Register Classifieds Help/TOS Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2004, 02:20 PM
Elder Statesman

My Photos

HO Scale Buildings and Scenery

Does anybody know of any companies besides scalebuildings.com that produce race track related buildings, scenery, and the like in either kit form or pre-built? I'm not having much luck in this area.
Old 12-14-2004, 02:32 PM
Elder Statesman

My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ligier Runner
Does anybody know of any companies besides scalebuildings.com that produce race track related buildings, scenery, and the like in either kit form or pre-built? I'm not having much luck in this area.
Keep an eye out on Ebay....alot of the HO train kits and buildings can be used in a race setting......or easily converted. Alot of those kits go really cheap on Ebay...... if you don't mind being patient and waiting
Old 12-14-2004, 02:42 PM
Lifetime Member

My Photos

Quote:
Think the ones from scalebuildings.com look very simple. Why don`t you make your own out of styrene ?.

I only know some H0 track buildings from Faller Germany - good and detailed design. If you like this, at www.slotbox.de you can buy a cd with all the buildings from the60`s for printing on cardboard paper. The only AFX ones - PIT STOP,GrandStand etc. are only at ebay for very high level $ price.
The next and easy way is to modify some plastic models like gas station buildings to a race track pit stop ( there is a great one from the new faller collection ).
If needed I can place a pic. Some additional repair shop parts and that`s it.
Old 12-14-2004, 03:30 PM
Elder Statesman

My Photos

They do look very simple. That's why I was in search of alternatives. I just thought if there was something out there that looked great without modifying or short of building my own, I'd consider them. Why reinvent the wheel if you don't have to is my philosophy.
Old 12-14-2004, 04:24 PM
HobbyTalk Pro

My Photos

Here are some:

http://www.mgsharp.com/Buildings_index.htm
Old 12-14-2004, 04:27 PM
Lifetime Member

My Photos

Ok, I understand, you need it easy. So, you can check ebay.de for
Faller there are several great race track buildings for sale all the time
or take a look at www.slotbox.de, on the left navigation click on
Dekoration ,then click Kartonmodelle and at last on the ICON AMS Renngebäude.
You found the buildings you can make with the cd and cardboard paper. That`s 1:1 copies of the old 60`s plastic racetrack buildings.
I have several from the plastic ones but I don`t ship it overseas due to transport damage.
Old 12-14-2004, 04:32 PM
Lifetime Member

My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by micyou03

Hi Mike,
great link with cool buildings
Old 12-14-2004, 06:55 PM

My Photos

I have the "City Classics" service station. A bit expensive, but a VERY nice little kit. It is SIMPLE to assemble...in less then an hour. It comes with some nice little bits too. Your choice of 2 different style signs, 2 styles of gas pumps, a soda machine and a "bagged Ice" freezer, fuel island, and oil can racks. You could convert the solid bay doors into working ones pretty easily. I got a detailing kit from Walthers that added a floor lift, counter with cash register, "Free Air" pump, engine hoist, mechanics creeper, big "Snap-On" style rolling tool chest, another ice machine, benches, fuel island canopy, more oil can racks and trash cans. There are 2 different kits available..vintage 40s/50s or modern, so that a personal prefference. The silly part is that the detail kit was more then the building! $20 for the details, $13 for the garage. You can find them at most good train hobby shops. I shop at one nearby and always find scenery/detail items to use with my slot cars....traffic cones, trash dumpsters, forklift, pallets, junk, sheds, houses and stores, telephone poles, and street lights. When I can get this all in one layout, it's gonna look cool as can be! Now to just buy a house with a big enough basement or spare room...thats the REAL trick!!!!

Last edited by JPRcustoms; 12-14-2004 at 07:03 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Old 12-15-2004, 08:26 AM
Elder Statesman

My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by satellite1
Ok, I understand, you need it easy.
Sure I want it easy. Who doesn't? I don't mind modifying or building my own but I would hate to spend time and energy into building something only to then discover something already on the market at a reasonable price that makes my homemade creation look pathetic.

Great looking stuff there too. Thanks for the links!
Old 12-15-2004, 10:08 AM
HobbyTalk Pro

My Photos

-----

Last edited by AfxToo; 09-29-2006 at 09:38 AM..
Old 12-15-2004, 10:55 AM
Elder Statesman

My Photos

We always ahve some used ones in stock, just depends on what day you call as to what we have.........as of this post we have a couple of dozen different ones for sale. All vintage and slot related.

On a side note, this time of year is great for scenery stuff at the dollar store no less. Was just checking it out at Dollar Tree last night, and you can get shrubs, and trees that cost $6~~8 each at any hobby shop...you got it they were a BUCK for two!

I also saw a few resin houses that were good AFX scale, and tons of people, and accessories...did I mention they were all a BUCK?

Hope this helps,

-----------------------------
www.SlotCarJohnnies.com

Last edited by SCJ; 12-15-2004 at 10:56 AM..
Old 12-15-2004, 01:18 PM
Elder Statesman

My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCJ
We always ahve some used ones in stock, just depends on what day you call as to what we have.........as of this post we have a couple of dozen different ones for sale. All vintage and slot related.

On a side note, this time of year is great for scenery stuff at the dollar store no less. Was just checking it out at Dollar Tree last night, and you can get shrubs, and trees that cost $6~~8 each at any hobby shop...you got it they were a BUCK for two!

-----------------------------
www.SlotCarJohnnies.com
Thanks SCJ! You guys are great help.

What dollar store YOU shoppin' at?! We have a Family Dollar in our area along with Dollar General and I've never seen anything like that! Love to go into the stores you do!
Old 12-15-2004, 11:01 PM
Elder Statesman

My Photos

Quote:
Thanks SCJ! You guys are great help.

What dollar store YOU shoppin' at?! We have a Family Dollar in our area along with Dollar General and I've never seen anything like that! Love to go into the stores you do!
Happy to help, most people here are, but don't look in the toy section, look smack dab in the middle of the decorations and wrapping area.

Dollar Tree is the store name, ironically the same store that had all those JL push cars several years back....yep, for a dollar!

-------------------------------
www.SlotCarJohnnies.com

Last edited by SCJ; 12-15-2004 at 11:03 PM..
Old 12-17-2004, 07:52 AM
Elder Statesman

My Photos

Ahhhh. We do have a Dollar Tree store about twenty minutes from us if it's still in business. I went whizzing by it's location just yesterday.
Old 12-19-2004, 10:34 PM

My Photos

I wonder who has the molds(if they still exist) for the old aurora grandstand, pit stop, etc.. Aurora reissued them several times before they went under, but I don't know if Monagram got them with the rest of Aurora molds. Model Motoring is making the curved bleachers, but I think that is from new tooling, and that only fits on 9" curves anyway.