browns hobby shop and raceway in hammondsville ohio - HobbyTalk

HobbyTalk Forum for Diecast Collectors, Modelers, Slot Cars, & Radio Control
Home Forums Photo Album RC TrackFinder Catalog Donation/HobbyTalk Supporter

Welcome to the HobbyTalk forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us. Forgotten your password? Click here!

NOTE: Once you register and are logged in this welcome section will no longer be visible.

Go Back   HobbyTalk > Radio Control Vehicles > RC Oval Racing > RC Dirt Oval Racing
Register Classifieds Help/TOS Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2011, 09:18 PM

My Photos

browns hobby shop and raceway in hammondsville ohio

lets here all thoughts for this carpet oval and offroad track anyone have info and pics maybe even videos
Old 12-04-2011, 10:01 PM
Elder Statesman

My Photos

My son and I have run there at Browns during the summer on the off-road track, very nice place, the owner Jeff, his wife and son are very helpful, very nice family run business. As you mentioned on the BD's forum, they just updated their indoor carpet track, outstanding venue for all sorts of classes, I will be heading that way soon with my MOD slider, 4WD and 2WD SCT's. Check out youtube for a few videos of the off-road track, I dont think I have seen any for the indoor carpet track. The last time I spoke with Jeff's son they were going to try and get a website up and running soon.
Old 12-04-2011, 10:14 PM

My Photos

i also raced their outdoor offroad before would love to make a trip with my mod sprint,2wd corr,and my corr with latemodel body on it when i get it done i talked to jeff today and he said he was going to try and get pics up on facebook and they were going to see about getting there web site going again
Old 12-05-2011, 06:16 PM
Elder Statesman

My Photos

Here's that link I found: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Bro...26662794053773
Old 12-05-2011, 08:20 PM
Elder Statesman

My Photos

thanks for the link....kind of a dead end for now... I too talked to the guy from Browns...I'm guessing it was Jeff he sounded older...well older then me.

From what i gathered is racing pricing is $7 for 1st class, $5 for 2nd class, $3 for 3rd class, and any other class after that is free. They do have transponders on hand, and they provide them for you. I asked him how much they were to rent and he almost laughed. He said they are free to use. I don't know if you get to hold on to it for the day like some other places or you put it in before race and everyone shares a few?

They also race not only Saturday but also on Sunday too. I think he said racing was starting up at 3pm on Saturday and Noon on Sunday. I'm not 100% on that Saturday start time. I'm looking to make my way down there maybe before xmas, but definately after. Looks like a nice easy ride down RT 11 to RT 7.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:36 PM

My Photos

he told me sat start time was 4 and when i raced his outdoor track the transponder you used he ussually leaves you hold it for the day unless he changed they do have very nice hobby shop so hopefully sometime soon going to make the trip maybe see some of you guys there
Old 12-05-2011, 11:51 PM

My Photos

hello everyone just letting you know jeff just put a few pics of the track on the hobby shop facebook page it is the link that was previously posted and to clarify a few things racing on sat. is at 4 racing on sunday is at noon and the pricing for racing as of now is 7 for the first class 5 for the second 3 for the third and all classes after that are free last weekend was there first weekend on the new track the he is planing on having the pit room finished by this weekend and i am shure he will have alot more pics up soon on his face book page it was fun racing with everyone that showed up this past weekend looking forward to seeing you all again
Old 12-06-2011, 12:22 AM
Elder Statesman

My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by flanson View Post
thanks for the link....kind of a dead end for now... I too talked to the guy from Browns...I'm guessing it was Jeff he sounded older...well older then me.

From what i gathered is racing pricing is $7 for 1st class, $5 for 2nd class, $3 for 3rd class, and any other class after that is free. They do have transponders on hand, and they provide them for you. I asked him how much they were to rent and he almost laughed. He said they are free to use. I don't know if you get to hold on to it for the day like some other places or you put it in before race and everyone shares a few?

They also race not only Saturday but also on Sunday too. I think he said racing was starting up at 3pm on Saturday and Noon on Sunday. I'm not 100% on that Saturday start time. I'm looking to make my way down there maybe before xmas, but definately after. Looks like a nice easy ride down RT 11 to RT 7.
Yeah I posted that as soon as I found it, but they did put pic's up now. I might be interested in going down as thats not much of a longer drive for me than it is for you, Bill. I only live about 3 miles from I-80, so the directions only say it's about an hr or so for me to drive (88 Miles). I'll do that just to check it out.
Old 12-06-2011, 04:39 PM
Elder Statesman

My Photos

Any info on classes/rules for carpet roadcourse and carpet offroad racing there?
Old 12-06-2011, 08:16 PM

My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydave76 View Post
Yeah I posted that as soon as I found it, but they did put pic's up now. I might be interested in going down as thats not much of a longer drive for me than it is for you, Bill. I only live about 3 miles from I-80, so the directions only say it's about an hr or so for me to drive (88 Miles). I'll do that just to check it out.
it is worth it the hobby shop alone is great with great prices you guys wont go wrong
Old 12-07-2011, 12:30 AM

My Photos

I'll be down to check out the new carpet soon.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:07 AM

My Photos

Nice place to race had fun for once on the opening day. Don't think they have much for rules yet
Old 12-07-2011, 10:04 AM
Elder Statesman

My Photos

You will find that there are no rules per say, just class rules (I.E.- 2WD CORR truck, 4WD CORR truck, ETC), there are no rules as far as electronics, although the last time I spoke with Jeff he was thinking of adding a non-lipo class for the 1/18 scale guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovalracer7x View Post
Nice place to race had fun for once on the opening day. Don't think they have much for rules yet
Old 12-07-2011, 09:58 PM

My Photos

been thinking about getting back into the hobby. I might have to take a trip down to check out the place. only about an hour drive and it looks like the closest track to me. now if i can convince the wife to let race on Sat... :0
Old 12-08-2011, 01:33 AM

My Photos

This is closer then where I race now.Can someone PM me the address so i can get directions. What classes do they race ? Need to figure out what to get ready to race. Thanks for the info.

Last edited by nitrolegend; 12-08-2011 at 02:09 AM..