Hot wheels wax car maker? - HobbyTalk

HobbyTalk Forum for Diecast Collectors, Modelers, Slot Cars, & Radio Control
Home Forums Photo Album RC TrackFinder Catalog Donation/HobbyTalk Supporter

Welcome to the HobbyTalk forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us. Forgotten your password? Click here!

NOTE: Once you register and are logged in this welcome section will no longer be visible.

Go Back   HobbyTalk > Die Cast > Hot Wheels
Register Classifieds Help/TOS Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2011, 04:47 PM

My Photos

Hot wheels wax car maker?

Hello all, I just joined this forum to see if anyone could tell me a little about my hot wheels wax car maker. I got this at a garage sale a few years ago and really cant find much info about it. It's dated mattel inc. 1979 and includes 4 car molds, a mold holder, and 4 axles. Ill add a picture of it to help you guys get a better idea of what im talking about. Ill greatly appreciate any info you guys can give me about this thing!

ebay.jpg
Old 07-31-2011, 05:06 PM
HobbyTalk Pro

My Photos

Wow! Flashback. Dude I had that when I was a kid. All I really remember is the wax was red and blue. I am guessing Mom helped me with these though. I can't recall the process.

Last edited by concretepumper; 07-31-2011 at 10:36 PM.. Reason: spelling oops!
Old 07-31-2011, 06:40 PM
Vacation Needed

My Photos

A quick search reveals this kit, or "Master Caster'' as it was called, to be quite an elaborate machine. Here is a link that should tell you everything you need to know about it's history!

http://www.toysyouhad.com/Mastercaster.htm
Old 07-31-2011, 09:16 PM
HobbyTalk Pro

My Photos

DUDE................. Thats the one!
Old 07-31-2011, 10:05 PM
Elder Statesman

My Photos

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Flaps! View Post
A quick search reveals this kit, or "Master Caster'' as it was called, to be quite an elaborate machine. Here is a link that should tell you everything you need to know about it's history!

http://www.toysyouhad.com/Mastercaster.htm
Did yall read what the guy wrote at the bottom of that link under the Did You Know? LOL
Old 07-31-2011, 10:41 PM

My Photos

Thanks alot for posting that link! Now I finally know what have! Sadly it appears im missing the bulk of the toy and really only have the molds, tray, and a few wheels that went along with it. Do you guys think theres any value to what I have? Or is it basically just junk? thanks again for all your help!
Old 07-31-2011, 11:57 PM
Top Dog

My Photos

Very cool , I remember that set when I was a little tike.

I wouldnt trash it as you do have some very cool olders moulds and you can still pour wax into them to make some very cool looking cars. You dont need the machine as all you need to do is heat up some wax and have some fun.
Old 08-01-2011, 08:50 AM
Vacation Needed

My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by liberator177 View Post
Thanks alot for posting that link! Now I finally know what have! Sadly it appears im missing the bulk of the toy and really only have the molds, tray, and a few wheels that went along with it. Do you guys think theres any value to what I have? Or is it basically just junk? thanks again for all your help!
Even though you don't have the rest of the machine, you do have the one crucial element needed to make the cars, and those are the molds, so definitely hold onto those! Even Mattel may not have those anymore... Just don't use your Mom's candles, lol!
Old 08-01-2011, 12:19 PM
Elder Statesman

My Photos

That is awesome, I also remember it as a child. I always wanted one but my folks told me it would make too much of a mess, henceforth I never got it, lol. Thanks for sharing your find. It brought back many memories of a awesome toy that should be remade.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:57 PM
HobbyTalk Pro

My Photos

Smile

Now I want one again!!!
Old 08-01-2011, 02:26 PM
HobbyTalk Pro

My Photos

Quote:

I would say that if you at least had the box it came in you might have gotten a little something for it.But as it stands,if you find a HW collector that wants to make Hotwheels candles or ice cubes,then they're not worth much.

This is at least the the second version of this toy I know of.The first version was done early on during the redline days:

They had refill packs you could buy with redline wheel/axle sets in them.I scored quite a few of these sets years ago,and used them to restore redlines and to make cool retro redlines like this one:

Hope that helped some.

Mike
Old 08-02-2012, 10:51 PM

My Photos

Quote:
Hello all, I just joined this forum to see if anyone could tell me a little about my hot wheels wax car maker. I got this at a garage sale a few years ago and really cant find much info about it. It's dated mattel inc. 1979 and includes 4 car molds, a mold holder, and 4 axles. Ill add a picture of it to help you guys get a better idea of what im talking about. Ill greatly appreciate any info you guys can give me about this thing!

Attachment 136923
wow! Have'nt seen one of these since I was a child. I fondly remember playing with that thing for hours. I keep trying to explain to my children what this thing is but they just dont get it. I would so love to have one of these things again!
Old 08-03-2012, 09:43 AM
Elder Statesman

My Photos

I had one of those Hot Wheels Factorys, was a pain to have to clean. Eventually you ended up with multicolor cars. I still have some of the axel sets myself and used them to upgrade some other non Hot Wheels.