Off-Road Tracks Near Indianapolis, IN??? - HobbyTalk

HobbyTalk Forum for Diecast Collectors, Modelers, Slot Cars, & Radio Control
Home Forums Photo Album RC TrackFinder Catalog Donation/HobbyTalk Supporter

Welcome to the HobbyTalk forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us. Forgotten your password? Click here!

NOTE: Once you register and are logged in this welcome section will no longer be visible.

Go Back   HobbyTalk > Radio Control Vehicles > RC Offroad Racing > Offroad Racing General Discussion
Register Classifieds Help/TOS Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2010, 10:07 AM

My Photos

Off-Road Tracks Near Indianapolis, IN???

I was wondering if there were any good off-road racing tracks near Indianapolis, IN? I recently moved to Indy and im trying to find a good place to race before i get back into rc racing, let me know if anyone knows of some places.

Thanks
Old 08-15-2010, 10:53 AM
Elder Statesman

My Photos

there is stateline RC speedway in Fremont IN, and granger offroad in granger IN. both are north of indy.I do beleive there is at least 1 right local to indy.Both granger and Stateline have threads on the track discussion section where you can find addresses and class information and such.
Old 08-15-2010, 03:06 PM

My Photos

Thanks for the reply, the fremont and granger tracks are a little to far away for me, im still trying to find something close to indy, if ya think of the name of the place near indy let me know. Thanks
Old 08-15-2010, 03:12 PM

My Photos

Matt S.---Indy Slots has an offroad track (as well as an indoor carpet track).

Indy Slots is on the southside of town on south Emerson (about a mile south of 465) Get off 465 at Emerson Ave. go south---about a mile down you will see a Ponderosa on the left---about a block past that on the left is a Speedway gas station and just past that on the left there is a stripmall and IndySlots is in the corner of that stripmall. The track is behind the stripmall in a fenced in area.

They race offroad outdoors on Sat. 4 P.M. start,Sun. 1 P.M. start.

They are closed on Mondays, Tues-Fri. 5 P.M.-10 or so (generally when racing is done)Sat. 10 to 10 and Sun.11 to 5. (according to the website)

Indy Slots has a thread on the Offroad Racing Tracks Discussion forum.

Hope to see you there.

Later,

Mark
Old 08-15-2010, 04:32 PM

My Photos

Thanks alot for the reply, im gonna go check it out. What kind of car count do they usually get on the offroad track and what classes do they run?
Old 08-18-2010, 09:27 AM
Elder Statesman

My Photos

http://indyslots.com will get you lots of information, but the classes are:

Stock Slash
Pro SCT Open class
Pro 4x4 Open Class
Novice Race
2wd Buggy Open Class
2wd Truggy Open Class

Off Road vehicles are Wednesday night (7pm), Saturday (4pm) and Sunday (1pm). I'd hit their website for specifics or the thread here: http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/showth...ght=indy+slots

I've been racing at Slots for almost a year and a half and I've been having an absolute blast. It's a laid back crowd, kid friendly, and everyone always seems to have a good time.

Hope to see you there...

Cory
Old 09-15-2010, 11:05 PM

My Photos

jcp-rc.com and it at camp atterbury in edinburgh
Old 02-07-2011, 08:24 PM

My Photos

ppr

pierce park raceway is north of indy in muncie and left turn raceway is also in muncie. they both are on here and have websites.
Old 02-13-2011, 08:35 PM

My Photos

Raceworld in Griffith In, not in Indy but well worth the drive.
Old 03-24-2011, 11:05 AM

My Photos

Does any one have any more info on JCP at camp atterbury in edinburgh? I tried looking on their site and it hasn't been up and running now for some time. I too am about to move back home I know of a few of the tracks, Indy slots or what ever they changed the name to now, PPR, and LTR. Also any word on whats going on with HCRC's track? I saw that the owner of the fair grounds used the building for the indoor track this winter for a storage and not a RC track. I thought they had a out side track as well. Trying to find a place I can race my 1/8 scales instead of just my 1/10 and 1/18 scales.
Old 03-24-2011, 11:14 AM
Elder Statesman

My Photos

You can find a listing of area tracks on IndyHobbies.com. Its a NFP site designed to get information on hobbies in Indiana to surfers as quickly as possible. Here's the link to the R/C car/truck page:

http://www.indyhobbies.com/RCCars.html
Old 03-24-2011, 11:21 AM

My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyHobbies.com View Post
You can find a listing of area tracks on IndyHobbies.com. Its a NFP site designed to get information on hobbies in Indiana to surfers as quickly as possible. Here's the link to the R/C car/truck page:

http://www.indyhobbies.com/RCCars.html
Thanks I've looked at you're site but most of the links that are on there are dead now. Either they don't work or no one is using the site. That's why I posted something on here. Also Im mainly into off road racing.
Old 03-24-2011, 11:29 AM
Elder Statesman

My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPITim846 View Post
Thanks I've looked at you're site but most of the links that are on there are dead now. Either they don't work or no one is using the site. That's why I posted something on here. Also Im mainly into off road racing.
Thanks for letting me know. I have so many links on there I don't go through them all often enough. I will now!

The site gets good traffic. A lot of airplane guys too.

Scott
Old 03-24-2011, 11:37 AM

My Photos

No problem I was going to email you to let you know but I could seem to find you actual email on the site. Also I know there is PPR out by munice. They are a group of good guys and have their own site if you wanted to add it to the list. here's the link to their site. http://www.pierceparkraceway.com/ it is just the track only no hobby shop.
Old 03-24-2011, 12:01 PM
Elder Statesman

My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPITim846 View Post
No problem I was going to email you to let you know but I could seem to find you actual email on the site. Also I know there is PPR out by munice. They are a group of good guys and have their own site if you wanted to add it to the list. here's the link to their site. http://www.pierceparkraceway.com/ it is just the track only no hobby shop.
Thanks! The tracks can come and go as you know, so unless I hear about them, I can't get them on there. My email link is on the home page.

I'll get the Muncie guys added.