Latest on AMC's The Walking Dead - Page 38 - HobbyTalk

HobbyTalk Forum for Diecast Collectors, Modelers, Slot Cars, & Radio Control
Home Forums Photo Album RC TrackFinder Catalog Donation/HobbyTalk Supporter

Welcome to the HobbyTalk forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us. Forgotten your password? Click here!

NOTE: Once you register and are logged in this welcome section will no longer be visible.

Go Back   HobbyTalk > Models > SciFi & Fantasy Movie and TV Discussion
Register Classifieds Help/TOS Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2014, 11:38 PM
Elder Statesman

My Photos

I would give last weeks episode an "A". Michone coming to terms with the past and the future, and Carl hasn't been the same since he killed that kid last season. The director said last week, the script was changed to where Carl would mention Shane, just to twist the knife into Rick, who is trying to inject humanity into Carl under very bad circumstances. For most fathers the saddest day is when their son would "best" them at something. Carl is turning into a leader, in a John Conner sort of way. Carl may be looking at his father differently since the prison, but he never takes the hat off. It was good the way the episode ended. Tonight's episode, was great, no spoilers here. No pudding was eaten.
Old 02-18-2014, 02:36 PM
Lifetime Member

My Photos

Loved this episode.

Not sure why I feel the need, other than to forestall the folks who've still not seen it, yet insist on coming into these threads....

SPOILERS!!!!

I think the message of this particular episode was just what Beth and Glenn were taking from their experiences with Herschel - Hope. I thought it showed a world of promise with the different groups of people reuniting. Yes, things are still dark and twisted - Lizzy - yet not all is as dark and dreary as one might fear.

What I'm most excited about, tho, is the appearance of three characters from the comics.

Interesting little article with Gale Ann Hurd - warning! Spoilers!: http://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/a-...3BtaA--;_ylv=3
Old 02-18-2014, 02:42 PM
Elder Statesman

My Photos

This episode was really good and suited the style of story telling I like. Multiple characters, problem solving, new players really digging it. I would say last week and this week seem out of order. The events depicted 2 / 16 seem to be occuring as the smoke is still billowing from the prison. But the Rick, Carl Michone episode seemed as though days had passed. Not sure why they chose to air them that way.

Days have passed since the episode and it would seem enough time has passed to post without fear of spoiling especially since the title says "Latest on AMC Walking Dead" but doesn't seem much posting on this topic anyway.

Only six episodes left for the season and I look forward to some tight plot lines and compelling drama. All I can remember from begining of the season was the flu outbreak and the Govenor Returns A lot of wasted space. Really hoping this episode signals a new direction for the group and the series.

I don't think they'd waste another season holed up in Terminus would they? I wouyldn't care for that. Already went there with the Farm House and the Prison. If you want to stay alive, you got to keep moving.
Old 02-18-2014, 09:26 PM
HobbyTalk Pro

My Photos

After they killed Hershel, I don't think I can see the baby die too. The girl trying to smother her it's to much for me.
Old 02-18-2014, 09:36 PM
Elder Statesman

My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchellmania View Post
The girl trying to smother her it's to much for me.
I think that she is the one that killed the two people and burned them, not Carol. The girl is the one that caught the disease, not Carol. Although, Carol might have caught her, and burned the bodies to cover for her. She would certainly have the sense to take precautions to prevent infection, where a young child wouldn't have. Except maybe Carl.

I thought they stated earlier in an episode that they had emergency supplies on the bus. But there didn't seem to be any supplies on the bus when it was being searched. There certainly weren't any weapons.

David.
Old 02-18-2014, 09:48 PM
Lifetime Member

My Photos

There was a line about the supplies, but that there wasn't much. Most of those people on the bus had bullet holes in them, so likely died of wounds when the bus was shot up at the prison. I'm guessing they the producers are trying to say that nobody on the bus lived. We didn't actually see them leave the bus, so they might well have taken the supplies. Remember, Maggie was looking for Glenn and we didn't exactly get a good view of the interior of the bus. Last we saw was Maggie sitting on the bus, tears of joy in her eyes.

Last edited by Griffworks; 02-18-2014 at 09:51 PM..
Old 02-24-2014, 12:41 PM
Elder Statesman

My Photos

Last night's episode, Tense!
Old 02-24-2014, 01:06 PM
Top Dog

My Photos

Good episode.

Only thing I didn't buy into was the line about

"that's classified."

Really?

Whose going to bring you to what court?
Old 02-24-2014, 01:13 PM
Lifetime Member

My Photos

Agreed! I thought it was a great episode, a lot happening!

SPOILER SPACE!

Great introduction to the show of Abraham - as well as the others. This version of Abraham seems a bit more personable than the comic version, tho still mostly the same. I like Glenn's determination to get to the bus and start the search for Maggie, to include hitting Abraham to make his point. Eugene obviously has survived this far, enjoying the safety of others - just like the character in the comics - and be pretty ignorant of firearms use.

I thought the scene with Rick in the house with the Marauders was the most intense part out of these three episodes. I'm rather excited to see Jeff Kober as what appears to be the leader of the group, as well. He's a great character actor and I'm hoping that he's not done with the series. I also can't help but wonder if they're not cannibals...?

The thing with the small black tennis shoe found by Daryl & Beth near the railroad tracks, just like the one that Mika was wearing in the previous episode "Inmates". I re-watched "Inmates" and there was no small black tennis shoe there when we see Tyreese come upon that group at the tracks - and as both Gale Anne Hurd and Greg Nicotero have said several times, they don't exactly do "random" events and scenes. Sadly, I think that means that Tyreese's group must come back thru that area.....
Old 02-24-2014, 02:38 PM
Elder Statesman

My Photos

Yes the part with Rick under the bed was pretty tense and I wondered what kind of Deliverence style Hillbillys those men were too. I don't think we seen the last of them.

I have no real input on the new characters except they seem genuine and not harmful to our group of survivors. The smart guy and the Sgt seem pretty stereotypical at this point. You need more than "Its Classified" if you want me to believe and follow you, so good call by Glenn. The young woman I have no idea but from the looks of things she makes up her own mind. (and her two male companions follow)

Looks like all roads are leading to the RR tracks and on to Terminus. Still 4 or 5 episodes left and covering lots of new ground and that is a good thing for the series. Just don't hole up in one place to long and my interest is high!
Old 02-24-2014, 09:14 PM
Elder Statesman

My Photos

Crazy cheese for everyone!
Old 03-03-2014, 07:52 PM
Elder Statesman

My Photos

"Still" should have been named Fill because it was 95% filler. Such a disappointment. All I learned is Beth can hold her liquor better than Daryl who turns turns into a mean nasty drunk. The only background I got on Daryl is that he was a redneck before the ZA and we learned Beth was a good girl. All thats been established and obvious.

Having clean clothes isn't much of a priority either. Could of loaded up on a few nice duds but better to take cash and jewels and documents off the walls while searching for Beths first drink.

Wow, poor script, no character development and Beths bad acting. The brain chip shot onto Beths white sweater was the most memorable scene for me. Mostly a waste of time.

Burning down the Moonshine house might have been a symbolic gesture just to reiterate the point made over and over again through out the episode but perhaps it will serve some purpose, like a work as a becon for the others, since noone can be more that a few miles away.

Forgetable and not worth watching I give this episode a D- and hope they never drop the ball like that again.
Old 03-03-2014, 08:06 PM
Elder Statesman

My Photos

I didn't much like this episode either. It's like this episode was written by a new writer. It was trying too hard to make something out of nothing. It was filler. And I agree about Emily Kinney's acting. (In general I never much liked it.)

And why in heck would they burn the house down at night when:

1) It attracts walkers from miles around in all directions--as you walk away from the house, the walkers walk toward it
2) There goes your comfortable and secure shelter for the night

So they burn it down and go walking off into the night to find a clearing somewhere and set up car hubcaps on a string as a perimeter alarm and set up to sleep? Or do they set off in the dark to find another house in the woods to sleep in because they decided to play arsonist with the last one to get their rocks off. C'mon, couldn't they at least burn it in the morning after a decent night's rest?! They were not acting like smart ZA survivors! I expected much more from Daryl. I couldn't believe it!

Last edited by Proper2; 03-05-2014 at 02:52 PM..
Old 03-05-2014, 12:53 PM
Lifetime Member

My Photos

Wow, straight into the SPOILERS - no spoiler space provided! Our power went out Sunday evening and didn't come back up until 5:30am, then our ATT U-Verse (cable, phone and DaInfernalWebz) was out until late afternoon, tho I could access DaInfernalWebz via my iPhone. I saw the two above posts had been made, but stopped as soon as I realized the first went straight into the plot....

Anyhow, I finally watched it via Amazon Prime, tho had to pay $1.99 to do so.

I think it was an alright episode, tho agree it was mostly Filler. I always like getting more insight to the characters and we definitely got a bit of insight to both Daryl and Beth. I'm not upset that there wasn't a bunch of Walker Killin' or Gun Fights or People Fights. Still, I was a bit disappointed that the overall story wasn't advanced all that much.

I dunno, maybe I'm one of The Lowest Common Denominator types, but I just like a good story, and that doesn't always have to involve violence and bunches of Walker Guts or explosions.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:37 PM
Lifetime Member

My Photos

I can't wait until the group gets back together. I also hope that we see a tougher and smarter Rick. The "Ricktatership" has its advantages. One strong leader will make the difference if indeed the group re-forms. It seemed to me that everyone in the group wants the old Rick back, even Daryl and I hope that happens.

Mike