Fairbanx Models saying hello! - HobbyTalk

HobbyTalk Forum for Diecast Collectors, Modelers, Slot Cars, & Radio Control
Home Forums Photo Album RC TrackFinder Catalog Donation/HobbyTalk Supporter

Welcome to the HobbyTalk forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us. Forgotten your password? Click here!

NOTE: Once you register and are logged in this welcome section will no longer be visible.

Go Back   HobbyTalk > Models > The Modeling Forum
Register Classifieds Help/TOS Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2010, 05:15 PM

My Photos

Fairbanx Models saying hello!

Hi everyone.

Jason here from Fairbanx Models. I will be coming around with some frequency in the near future I imagine, and wanted to say hello.

Some of you old-schoolers may remember us from the 90's. We did a bunch of garage kits back in the day including the three original Monster Mates kits that Lunatic Fringe puts out now.

We are back, and will be debuting new kits at Wonderfest! We're excited to be back at it, and will be looking forward to seeing people at upcoming shows. Our website should be going live in April sometime. There will be a placeholder there soon.

On another note, has anyone run into problems with the seam in the new Revell Creature's head? Mine is gonna need some tough love to get him right.

Best Regards,

Jason
Old 03-12-2010, 08:28 PM
Lifetime Member

My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairbanxModels View Post
...Mine is gonna need some tough love to get him right.
First of all, welcome to the boards, Jason. Anybody who makes cool Sci-Fi/Horror models (and girlie ones at that!) is a friend of ours.

As for the Creature, that ridge has been a topic of discussion before. It's really an overstatement of a feature that was on the movie monster's soggy noggin. But you can reduce it with some filing and filler; knock out his teeth, and you'll have one of Aurora's most accurate movie monster models.

Now on to the important stuff: can you give us any hints as to the possible future offerings from Fairbanx? None of us has near enough models in our stashes, you know.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:55 PM

My Photos

Always good to have another kit company around. Especially one with experience and some great kits under their belt. Welcome bace and good luck.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:14 PM
Elder Statesman

My Photos

Hey Jason,

I have one of the KISS figures in the stash. I always wanted a Lily Munster!

Max Bryant
Old 03-13-2010, 12:03 AM

My Photos

Thanks for the greetings, guys.

Mark- First order of business is finishing the rest of the Monster Mates. I always lamented that we didn't get farther than Princess Ananka, Madame Kwazimodo, and the Wolf Girl. We will have two new ones at Wonderfest...I'll leave it open as to which two. The new kits are going to be awesome.

For those who are unfamiliar Monster Mates, they are sexy female counterparts to the original Aurora monster kits, sculpted with similar poses, features, and bases to their counterparts.

Unfortunately the original MM sculptor, Jim Fawkes, is no longer with us. Jim did a wonderful job on the originals. We have a new excellent sculptor in Bill Mancuso, a toy industry veteran.

Mudkicker- Thanks!

MightyMax- Those were great kits, and I wished we would've gotten farther with both of those collections back then. No Peter or Paul were produced, nor Herman, Eddie, or Marilyn for the Munsters. Grandpa was my favorite. Rick Wyatt sculpted those, and unfortunately, he has passed on also.

One thing I want to make clear is all the old kits' rights were sold off to other companies when we disbanded in the late 90's. In fact, to my understanding, some of the rights have traded hands multiple times. Therefore, we won't be producing any of the old stuff. Also, the new Fairbanx Models won't be doing any unlicensed kits. Everything produced will be our own intellectual property, or we will go through proper channels to acquire the proper licensing for a few select franchises we have our eyes on. You never know what could happen as far as that goes...

Our aim is to pick up where we left off, producing high-quality, cool-looking resin kits, and have some fun doing it.

Cheers,

Jason
Old 03-13-2010, 12:06 AM
elder hooligan

My Photos

Jason! Hi! Glad to see Fairbanx back in the game! I bought one of the original Madame Kwazimodo kits back in the day and had a BLAST building her! Lookin' forward to more from you!

Here we are... born to be kings, we're the princes of the universe...
Old 03-13-2010, 12:13 AM
Elder Statesman

My Photos

Welcome back Jason!!! I'm sure your new sculptors are up to the task of great new kits. Fawkes and Wyatt were two great ones for sure and are sorely missed in the hobby. Good luck and see you at Wonderfest!
Steve
Old 03-13-2010, 12:30 AM

My Photos

Old 03-13-2010, 12:43 AM
elder hooligan

My Photos

Sent you a PM, Jason...

Here we are... born to be kings, we're the princes of the universe...
Old 03-13-2010, 01:07 AM
HobbyTalk Pro

My Photos

Greetings Jason, glad to hear Fairbanx is back! That the MM will be continuing is really great news. Looking forward to seeing the new kits. I'm one of the old-schoolers who remembers you guys from back in the day. I got the Princess Ananka kit. I also got this, the last kit I think Fairbanx put out: The Thing That Shouldn't Be!

Old 03-13-2010, 01:20 AM

My Photos

Night Owl-That The Thing that Should Not Be kit is ultra-rare! I don't know if even 20 of those made it out. I think they were available at one show. It was the last thing produced by Fairbanx. Rick Wyatt sculpted it. The guy who owns the original sculpt and the molds has talked about re-releasing it a few times, but he's never acted on it.

Nice build-up, BTW!

Thanks again to everyone for the kind welcome.
Old 03-13-2010, 01:43 PM
HobbyTalk Pro

My Photos

Thanks Jason! I've only seen it turn up anywhere else once; a builder on the Clubhouse got one off ebay.
Old 03-15-2010, 01:45 PM

My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairbanxModels View Post
One thing I want to make clear is all the old kits' rights were sold off to other companies when we disbanded in the late 90's. In fact, to my understanding, some of the rights have traded hands multiple times. Therefore, we won't be producing any of the old stuff.
Darn! I was hoping for a re-release of the Jonny Quest kits.
Old 03-15-2010, 02:23 PM

My Photos

Chuck- Fairbanx didn't make any Jonny Quest Kits.

Here's some info on some old JQ kits though:

http://chriswebber037.blogspot.com/2...quest-fan.html

http://www.classicjq.com/artifacts/m...JQModels.shtml

Best Regards,

J
Old 03-15-2010, 02:46 PM

My Photos

wow - dumb attack. I knew this. Thanks for the great links!
  HobbyTalk > Models > The Modeling Forum