Mead Brothers :( - HobbyTalk

HobbyTalk Forum for Diecast Collectors, Modelers, Slot Cars, & Radio Control
Home Forums Photo Album RC TrackFinder Catalog Donation/HobbyTalk Supporter

Welcome to the HobbyTalk forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us. Forgotten your password? Click here!

NOTE: Once you register and are logged in this welcome section will no longer be visible.

Go Back   HobbyTalk > Slot Cars > Slot Car Modeling/Customizing
Register Classifieds Help/TOS Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2010, 03:21 PM

My Photos

Mead Brothers :(

Its a sad day today I just received my order back from Troy, and a very apologetic letter saying that he has a cease and desist order on the kits I ordered not sure if its all of his stuff or just what I ordered but it looks like his brother got the same letter because both of their websites are down. I hate when somebody does something good for the hobby and it seems like someone rated him out similar to Mike Burda from Empty Shells. Im not saying that what happened just saying I hope thats not what happened.

Good Luck Mead Brothers
Old 03-01-2010, 03:25 PM
HobbyTalk Pro

My Photos

That's not good!!!! I had noticed the site was down a couple of days earlier. Is it the (insert swear word here) Fun Police again???
Old 03-01-2010, 04:46 PM
Slotcar Fanatic

My Photos

Guess I'd better start rethinking how I list something for sale on online auction sites or C-List pages. Afraid to use any brand names for fear of having someone send me a bill for use of a copyright or some type of infringement. rr
Old 03-01-2010, 05:32 PM
LED Burner Outer

My Photos

One of the games I played on Facebook was called Street Racing. About 3 months ago, all the cars used for the game had to get revamped from real cars to fictitious brands and models. Mind you these were simply drawings of the cars, and other than deciding what car you were supposedly in, had absolutely no affect on game play. There are obviously certain numbers to hit in production or in usage (as in the game) before the fun police come knocking with their hand out. I know Harrison Woodrow got into it with GM a couple years ago, which is why he doesn't actively sell the GM bodies now. Last I read he was optimistic about renewing his license with GM to tie in with his improved T jet chassis. The biggest problem with trademark laws is the unneeded protection long after the fact. When production of an item ceases, the level of protection should decrease... relax a little. I also recall an artist who drew sweet pictures of cars (bookmark lost. Zilla knows who) who had to shut down operations for the same reason. As long as the car manufacturing economy stays as poor as it is, we can expect car makers from here and across both ponds to be looking for revenue where ever they can scoff it from. Sadly, they don't see our little hobby as a boost for their sales, like it was in the 60's with Aurora being in Ford's pocket.
Old 03-01-2010, 06:43 PM
Tyco & Mopar Freak!

My Photos

whhhaaattt?? i loved his decals!!

Wes
Old 03-01-2010, 06:48 PM
Geico ad . . . Offensive?

My Photos

They should worry about making better cars.

Maybe fire some lawyers and hire some better designers & engineers. I don't care which of the big-3 we are referring too . . . they all could stand some improvement.

My $.02 worth because nobody asked.

Last edited by 1976Cordoba; 03-01-2010 at 08:13 PM.. Reason: typeo
Old 03-01-2010, 07:42 PM

My Photos

Dito maybe we should let Washington know what the big 3 are spending there money on!
Old 03-01-2010, 07:45 PM
Model Murdering

My Photos

Funny that they have they always have the funds to kick some little guy in the nutz.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:59 PM
Elder Statesman

My Photos

i read on HO World where someone tipped off Porsche (I think?) that some cottage industry litle guy was popping bodies,funny how they find the time to bust some poor guys chops over a micro production run of TOYS.I wonder if the Meads were leaned on by a drag racers family or the actual car company,either way,may the person who squealed or the company(ies) rot in hell and please go broke..again.JMHO
Christian
Old 03-01-2010, 09:00 PM
Part Time Painter/Racer

My Photos

Hey Bob...you can't use that decal...zilla. We gonna have to change to "Ooters" or "Asper", maybe "KOAL"!!! Dang, I had big plans too...RM
P.S. Can we still use the #43???
Old 03-01-2010, 09:13 PM
LED Burner Outer

My Photos

We're sorry!!! The number 43 is the sole property of Petty Enterprises and it's use constitutes trademark infringement. May we suggest using 34 instead? Also, the color "Petty Blue" is also included in this trademark. Pink is fairly safe though!! You might want to rethink using the STP logo also...TPS is available
Old 03-01-2010, 11:46 PM
Villain

My Photos

There should be a law to cover little producers of small cheap basement hobby toys.
Like, I understand if your making a living off a Camaro casting, and it's what you do for a living, But if i'm resin casting it and selling under 100, I should be protected under a "Hobbyist" law.
Guess the lawyers wouldn't make any money then.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:57 PM
Crazed Painter

My Photos

This sucks my Mullet Beer Biscuits....Dang Jorks...Doh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilltop Raceway View Post
Hey Bob...you can't use that decal...zilla. We gonna have to change to "Ooters" or "Asper", maybe "KOAL"!!! Dang, I had big plans too...RM
P.S. Can we still use the #43???
hEY "RM" ( is that a Trademark?)

I don't sell anything with the Hoot name on it so, it is O.K. right? It better be as tHE "ZILLA....GOT MORE BABY...HECK YEAH!!

Bob...Mullet Beer is making a comback (feel free to use that Everyone)...zilla
Old 03-01-2010, 11:59 PM
Crazed Painter

My Photos

No Dobt Ed....soon we will all be afraid to cross the street...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethndaddy View Post
There should be a law to cover little producers of small cheap basement hobby toys.
Like, I understand if your making a living off a Camaro casting, and it's what you do for a living, But if i'm resin casting it and selling under 100, I should be protected under a "Hobbyist" law.
Guess the lawyers wouldn't make any money then.
Ed,

What you said double, double!

Bob...Hobbyist law in Full Affect...zilla
Old 03-02-2010, 12:08 AM
Elder Statesman

My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by slotcarman12078 View Post
We're sorry!!! The number 43 is the sole property of Petty Enterprises and it's use constitutes trademark infringement. May we suggest using 34 instead? Also, the color "Petty Blue" is also included in this trademark. Pink is fairly safe though!! You might want to rethink using the STP logo also...TPS is available
I can see it now... A pink, #34 car with TPS reports all over the hood... maybe a red stapler to go with it. Except, that's probably infringement isn't it? Crap.....